3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What to do when Shipping Rims to someone over Dodge forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Brado34
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do when Shipping Rims to someone over Dodge forum

So im going to ship my rims over in WI
How do i go about doing this so i can be certian that im going to get his rims and hes going to get mine.
(So i can be certian that i dont get ripped off?)

also how much does it cost.
im sending mine from ontario canada.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:10 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what kind of wheels are you trading for? i just sold my stockers and had a hell of a time! i only deal face to face on such items...
tell him to send you his, and you will send him yours after you get his... that way you know youre not getting screwed... just make sure to ship yours. if he will agree to that, you should be ok. make sure to send them certified so he has to sign for them and cant say he didnt get them. where in wisconsin is he located?

Old 12-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is hard to tell over the internet if you are going to get screwed or not on something like this. It is really a gamble bc you don't know the guy you are shipping to and he doesn't know you, so he is probably thinking the same thing that you are about getting ripped off.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:30 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I agree. Use Paypal and you may get some assurance.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:33 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think they are doing a trade..

Old 12-10-2009, 06:42 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

I'm in the shipping/receiving business. Probably the only good way to do it is to have FedEx or UPS handle it from both sides. When he (since you want to make sure you're not ripped off) ships them with either company ask for the tracking numbers. Only ship your rims after you see movement. It will tell you the weights of each package that way you kinda get an idea also that he didn't send you a box of paper. You should see movement in the online system for either company by that night. On top of having tracking numbers, you can also see where they are online at any time, and you can have a signature that way you and he both know the other received their packages. Just a suggestion.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cwboyjohnny24
I'm in the shipping/receiving business. Probably the only good way to do it is to have FedEx or UPS handle it from both sides. When he (since you want to make sure you're not ripped off) ships them with either company ask for the tracking numbers. Only ship your rims after you see movement.
But the other guy is probably going to do the same thing, so they will end up in a stalemate where neither ships bc they are both waiting for the other to do it. Isn't there a way to have a shipment stopped in-transit? Like for instance if the OP ships and sees nothing from the other guy 24 hours later, can he have his rims sent back prior to reaching their destination?

Old 12-10-2009, 07:12 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Either company will do that. You have your tracking numbers ready and call the company (either one) and let them know you want them to "return to shipper". Maybe you guys should exchange phone numbers also and try talking to each other. Then you can set up a date and maybe even time you can both be somewhere while you're shipping it. You could exchange tracking numbers while you're still at your respective shipping points. It always helps to be in actual speach contact if you're doing a trade like this.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:16 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

who are you doing the deal with?

Old 12-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Brado34
Veteran

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/members...67pontiac.html

Im not too sure what to do but i am being told not to ship him my rims untill he sends his..
and if you think about it hes got gona want to do that.
so the only way for this to work would be with fed ex or some other company.
how many of you have heard of him?

how much will shipping cost?

18x9 KMC rockstars
35x12.5x18 Procomp extreme a/ts with 40% tread

Last edited by Brado34; 12-10-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Quick Reply: What to do when Shipping Rims to someone over Dodge forum