3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Arm and a Leg

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 10:40 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DodgeThunder
For gauges have you looked into the isspro performax. Very easy to install and the isspros match the factory gauges very well. Im not a huge fan of stuff like the aeroforce where its just one gauge that does everything from the trucks computer. Id rather trust actual probes exactly where I want them where I put them.. And I think stuff like that looks tacky in a truck. Just my .02.. For the setup I use my handle to get into my truck everytime so I bought the srt pillar with the handle still and 1 gauge and I put a trans temp in it and I just bought the 4 gauge pod for above the mirror but Im not sure what to put into that yet, Most likely air pressure for OBA for horns and on the trail.. Rear diff temp.. Tcase Temp cause I use 4wd alot.. and ill figure the 4th out later.. you can get pods for above the mirror that hold 2, 3 or 4

http://www.dieselmanor.com/pillars_p...s_overhead.asp
http://www.isspro.com/performax_Whit...BlackBezel.php
hhhhmm, those gauges are pretty nice. and like most of you, i do enjoy having the handle on the a-pillar for getting in/out. so i am kinda liking the pod above the rearview. i just dont know how easy it would be to read gauges up there while driving.

and for traction, is there really anything else out there other than traction bars like caltracs and wider tires?

Old 12-15-2009, 11:55 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yah keeping the handle is super important to me to.. The gauges are angled right at the driver in that pod above the mirror so its just like checking whats behind you in the mirror..

Old 12-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris

The SRT pillar has a gauge pod and retains the pillar handle, just FYI.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:01 AM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pyro
Yah thats what I was showing him earlier.. Thats why I sent the link for the overhead pods so he can keep the handle and put a gauge in there too

Old 12-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Drangiz
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess this is a good thread to ask, but what would you guys say is a fair price to install a Detroit Locker TrueTrac diff in my truck? It's a 2003 HEMI 1500 4x4, Chrysler 9 1/4 rear end, with a currently stock open diff on it. While full lockers are nice, I really just want/need a limited slip, because I don't offroad as often as I would like to. This is the exact one I would want put in http://moesperformance.com/index.php...roducts_id=621 . I'm guessing with parts and labor added together, it should be right around $1000 bucks. Anyone wanna confirm for me?

Old 12-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris

parts, labor, new gears and an auburn LSD I paid just over $1300, take the gears out of the equation you are probably looking at $900-$1000 depending on the shop.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:28 AM
striquochis

nertia big valve ported heads, Crower camshaft, Moto-blue underdrive pulley, AEM cold air intake, JBA exhaust headers, Magnaflow high flow catalytic converters, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Diablo predator sport tuner.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:33 AM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker

yeah, but thats only with 1 gauge pod right? i MIGHT end up going with 2+ gauges, in that case i would consider the over the mirror thing.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:41 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I like the clean look of mine. With the SRT pod and interceptor gauge there is no need for any other gauge and its in one spot. IMO the multiple gauges and pod mounts just messy and end up costing an arm and a leg after you fill them up.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:28 AM
Drangiz
Rookie

parts, labor, new gears and an auburn LSD I paid just over $1300, take the gears out of the equation you are probably looking at $900-$1000 depending on the shop.
Yeah, forgot to mention I most likely won't be doing any gear changes. I just don't think it would benefit me enough to justify the cost when money is tight. Seems like $1000 is about the right price then.