3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Doh!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 07:19 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Doh!!

I painted the inside of my headlights last week and all was well.. I was really satisfied with how they looked and how the eyelids went... Except one of the headlights hardened back up just a little off where they mount so it wasnt sitting totally flush.. Today I got around to taking them back off and getting them back in the oven to re mold the mount on the one.. well I think to myself, that other one looks a little off to so I decided to do that one as well.. While im taking my grill off to paint that I put the good headlight in the oven, I thought I was quicker then I actually was and I get back in the house to a horrible smell.. .. Yep I melted the damn headlight!! the bulbs still fit in and it bolts on the truck but the whole back is melted to **** and it doesnt fit on the truck very well, it looks like crap now.. So I guess its time to start looking for some new fancy projection headlights!! fml

Old 12-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Whoops, that is not good. Check out the classifieds, there are headlights on there sometimes.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:33 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

tsk tsk, that is Ram abuse.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:38 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran

Originally Posted by lxman1
tsk tsk, that is Ram abuse.
I knoww... And it took me all day to prep and paint the inside and get them put all back together.. Im soo pissed, They looked so good! Oh well I found a couple of the projector ones on ebay for 200$.. I can use mine for now they work and stay on the truck, one just looks ugly..

Old 12-17-2009, 11:08 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 12-17-2009, 11:23 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ LOL

I just died laughing reading this thread. And definately no offense intended. Im laughing cause this is exactly something my dumbas$ would do trying to fancy something up myself..... (actually, I wanna try this soon, wish me luck )

Dont worry bout it bud, now its time to get even fancier!!

Old 12-18-2009, 12:15 AM
DodgeThunder
Veteran

Lol I know what you mean.. It wasnt hard, gettin the lights apart and painting them was easy.. If i woulda just not ****ed with them after they were all back in a good to go then they would still be in the truck looking awesome.. Ill get pics tomorrow when its light out. Plus Im painting the grill to match tonight so that way tomorrow it will look awesome with everything matching!!