3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finally back

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 07:45 AM
CNFD
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally back

So after the past few months being absoutley heptic with work, 15 credit hours and the old lady, I finally have some free time to lurk and post.

Since I've been gone, I've debaged the truck, got my stubby antenna (not sure if I posted that already) and just put in my guttah-grill. On Monday im getting tint from the girl as a christmas gift.

That leads my to my question. I have about $200 left over from christmas shopping and I want to treat myself to a leveling kit. Just not sure which way to go. The daystar plus some pro-comp or rancho shocks, or just the pro-comp kit with shocks.

I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death, I just cant make up my mind and want to order it asap so it has a chance to get here by new years. What to do boys?

Here's a link to the daystar:
http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/FAO4W...4_06_Dodge_Ram

and to the pro-comp
http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/share...t=products.asp

ps, pics soon to come after I get the tint...or might have to hold off till I get the leveling kit

Old 12-18-2009, 10:22 AM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

What's up man? hey, you got 2wd right? You may want to check out RC I've had good luck with their kit and shocks. Reasonable prices too.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:52 AM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, seems that RoughCountry and us 4x2 guys have great luck. I have their 6 inch lift.

I know rancho is a nice set up too. But 4x4 or 4x2 will help.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:56 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

if it is a 2wd then those coil spacers are the way to go. if you want some 3" spacers just LMK. ive got RC spindles on mine and they have served me quite well

Old 12-18-2009, 01:19 PM
CNFD
Rookie

yeah 3" spacers would be ideal. i didnt know they even made them that big. I assume I would also need some blocks for the back? I want to be get as high as I can (my truck lifted that is) for the time being until I need new tires and can afford a 6"-7" lift set-up. do you have a link weeds? and btw, im a 4x2.

thanks for the suggestions. Im going to look at the RC kit. Is there much difference in material quality between all of these? or are they all pretty much the same?

as always, thanks for the help guys!

Old 12-18-2009, 01:55 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

I just decided on the RC level because it didn't come with a spacer, I actually got a longer coil. I just liked the fact it didn't seem cheap. Worked out good. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Finally back