3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Minimum Req.?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 03:00 PM
NorcalReaper
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minimum Req.?

Hey guys...

SO I want to put 33's or 35's on the ol trucko, but Im probly going to need a leveling kit...Im thinking about a 2.5" leveling kit but im wondering if that will even fit the 35's??

Thanks!

Old 12-21-2009, 03:22 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

There's a fantastic 3rd Gen Faq Section Hammer worked so hard on. I'd check that out first as he posted all the fitments up...etc

Also....Search function....lots of threads on lifts/tires...etc..

Old 12-21-2009, 03:47 PM
12elentless
Professional

lol people on here dont like to answer questions. even though theres only 2 posts per hour. FTR, it takes as much time to type an answer and help someone out as it does to just try and be cute and write a paragraph about searching.

anywho..

First off, itd help if you said what your specs were. if youre 2wd, just a leveling kit and your truck is going to laugh at 35s. im running 35s and im at 8" up front and 6" out back and i barely clear.

with a 4x4, its gonna depend on what wheels/tires you run. depending on offset, backspacing, width, etc, you can run 35s, but like i said it all depends. you most likely will have to stick to a stock rim.

if its a 2500, you should be able to run them stock.

Any way it goes, youre always gonna want more lift, so just get it out of the way now and buy the leveling kit. Trust me, youll be looking at fulldrop kits in no time.

EDIT-just saw your sig. Yes, you can run them, but id run stock wheels and itd help to remove the valance for clearance.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:57 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 12elentless
lol people on here dont like to answer questions. even though theres only 2 posts per hour. FTR, it takes as much time to type an answer and help someone out as it does to just try and be cute and write a paragraph about searching.

anywho..

First off, itd help if you said what your specs were. if youre 2wd, just a leveling kit and your truck is going to laugh at 35s. im running 35s and im at 8" up front and 6" out back and i barely clear.

with a 4x4, its gonna depend on what wheels/tires you run. depending on offset, backspacing, width, etc, you can run 35s, but like i said it all depends. you most likely will have to stick to a stock rim.

Any way it goes, youre always gonna want more lift, so just get it out of the way now and buy the leveling kit. Trust me, youll be looking at fulldrop kits in no time.

EDIT-just saw your sig. Yes, you can run them, but id run stock wheels and itd help to remove the valance for clearance.
Actually i was being very polite and conciderate. Just as your 2nd half of your post explains why I didn't go into great detail...There's always more info needed in a simple wheel thread....i flip between like 10 browsers and doing my homework most of the time, so if somebody doesn't want to even try and help themsleves first.. Why should anyone else bother? i sure the Hell won't.
I pointed him in the right direction, so no need to point out if someone likes to answer questions or not because i answer whatever I can and more than many.
As a matter of fact...i have only started 107 threads. All my posts...4,xxx are for helping others out and for some.....to explain myself to people like you.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:06 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

dogg i couldnt agree anymore brother

Old 12-21-2009, 07:48 PM
blakeroberts88
Veteran

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...d-fitment.html

Not trying to come off as a dick but I'm deployed to Afghanistan right now and I took the time to find that.

+1 for me?

Old 12-21-2009, 08:16 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

+2 blake. Thanks dirty and Ramhunter, you've both helped me out a few times with your threads and responses. I personally don't think it's cool you come on here elentless with 29 posts and want to tell people that others don't want to help. The same questions keep getting asked 2 times an hour. no offense norcal, It's just a lot of times, there's things in the FAQ section that are delt with on a regular basis like tires, sizes and fitment. These veterans on here have a lot to offer and good advice.

By the way elentless, I don't know what kind of lift you're running, but I have a 2wd with a 2" level and can run 35's no problem. IMO just don't disrespect guys on here, especially when you're new.

To answer your question Norcal, you can run 35's, it will be tight, but you can do it. I would suggest a 2" level, if you go over that, some of the VETERANS on here have said if you go 2.5 or 3" on the front, you'll need a 1" block in the back to get "level". Let us know what you decide, plus pics are always cool on here.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:35 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

I wear panties.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:43 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

Originally Posted by 12elentless

anywho..

Now, Ill be corrected if Im wrong, but..........

You called someone out for not answering a question, yet you answer it incorrectly? From what Ive read on here, the 2wd's have VERY little issues with running 35's while leveled. Only the beefiest of treads rub slightly, reportedly. Also, you suggest running the stock wheels, why? Wouldnt the width needed for a 35in tire be riding the limit for what a 8in rim can take? (if he's running 17's, we dont know). I know 305's are about the limit for the stockers, I know you don't wanna go much narrower than that, it'll look kinda funny I'd think

Ill admit, Ive asked some redundant questions on here, and didnt get the answers I needed. Low and behold, I searched, and I see why no one answered, there were 30 threads on the same topic, from that week!

Maybe the 'old guys' can sit back, let the newer ones start answering, then correct us if we get it mixed up? I try picking up the 'slack' when the same ol same ol questions are asked, whenever I know the answers. I also refer them to the search button if I don't know the answer

Last edited by 4.7Ram5.7Rango; 12-21-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:48 PM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

*facepalm*. The noobs don't show any respect. That cookie made me hungry, I'll be right back.

Quick Reply: Minimum Req.?