3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stereo Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 02:20 PM
JCinDE
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah that's the one I linked.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:21 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know its way cheaper there.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:26 PM
JCinDE
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indeed. Thanks for the link.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:45 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JCinDE
I don't see any final product pictures of your bezel. Do you have any of it all painted and put together again?

Just so I have everything straight...

I'd need to buy the head unit itself and a wiring harness. Have someone make a mounting bracket. And mod the bezel myself. Right?

All but the last part is easy. heh

Some questions. Where would I get plastic like you used for the backing? How do you make sure the double din hole you cut is centered and even and square?
Here is a pic.

I bought a sheet of 12"x12"x1/4" ABS plastic to use. I have plenty left over if you need some. I bought it at a car stereo shop I used to work at years ago and we used it for making custim trim plates most of the time. It was only a few bucks.

As cut cutting square. I used a dremel with a diamond circular blade and cut slow as xfeejayx said. You will need some coarse sand paper to cut the texture pattern out of the bezel and then fine grit paper to smooth it out as well as the bondo if thats what you are going to use.

Mine still needs to me more finely sanded but Ive got so much other stuff going on that I havent had time really.

Quick Reply: Stereo Head Unit