3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

window vent shades

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009 | 09:25 PM
rchapman721
|
Default window vent shades

does anyone have in channel shades? im looking to get some and was wondering if anyone has had any trouble with them falling out when the window was open? thanks for the help!

Old 12-30-2009 | 12:50 PM
ofnaman1995

I have them and they are great. No worries with them coming out on you. You have to bend them slightly to get them in and there is no way in hell they are coming back out unless you intentionally take them out.

Old 12-30-2009 | 06:44 PM
rchapman721
|

thanks! which brand do you have?

Old 12-30-2009 | 08:47 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator

AVS/Lund are high quality. I get mine from AutoZone.

Old 12-30-2009 | 08:56 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

I just installed mine today. Got'em from StylinTrucks. Im not sure why, but the driverside rear one is off a bit somewhere. When rolling up the window, it hits the guard on the inside corner. I actually broke the f**** trying to pull it back a little to let the window go up. Then I had to take it off, again, superglue the piece back (couldnt really tell, but I had to do something), and use my own 3m tape, since what was supplied was useless after 4 different on/offs.

Im not too sure as to why that one is off, but they do all look good. This is my first 'in channel' set, very clean/smooth look.

Sorry about the sligth "rant", I had to get it in there haha.

Old 12-30-2009 | 09:01 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

Originally Posted by ofnaman1995
I have them and they are great. No worries with them coming out on you. You have to bend them slightly to get them in and there is no way in hell they are coming back out unless you intentionally take them out.
I took one of the front ones out, just to see how easy it would be, and it was too easy. Theres a little corner of the guard sticking a little past the outer stripping, down at the mirror. I pushed that piece in with little resistance, and the whole piece came down.

How much wind resistance would it take to push it in like that? Im not sure, but It kinda has me nervous....

Old 12-30-2009 | 09:59 PM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

Originally Posted by 4.7Ram5.7Rango
Originally Posted by ofnaman1995
I took one of the front ones out, just to see how easy it would be, and it was too easy. Theres a little corner of the guard sticking a little past the outer stripping, down at the mirror. I pushed that piece in with little resistance, and the whole piece came down.

How much wind resistance would it take to push it in like that? Im not sure, but It kinda has me nervous....
I have the Weathertech ones, and they are great. Like ofnaman1995 said, they are a little bigger than the window, so you have to bend them to fit in the window. I have had them since I bought the truck and have never had any problems with them coming out. They don't even shake or vibrate at all, and I have driven both decently fast and windy conditions, with the windows up and down, and there was never a time when I thought they were going to fall out.

Old 12-30-2009 | 10:23 PM
rchapman721
|

thanks guys! i like to drive with my windows down when weather permits and didnt know how well they would stay in. that will be my next purchase when i get my gift card from summit they are sending me.

Old 12-31-2009 | 01:59 AM
dblrnut

i have the avs in channel one's and i like them no problems really, at first they did hit the window a tad when you closed it but that fixed it self

Old 12-31-2009 | 09:57 PM
bloodySUNDAY134
Professional

have had nothing but problems with the in channel shades, window keeps hitting front corner of shade, actually broke corner off of shade. get the outside ones, all the body shops recommend them around here.

Quick Reply: window vent shades