3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: January Truck Of The Month
Jusjay727
15.38%
SilverBullet08
6.15%
Weedahoe
29.23%
SMKNRAM
30.77%
Hellbent4leather
18.46%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

January Truck Of The Month

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 11:01 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

set up a photobucket account put your pics on there then copy the img code in the body of your message

And I think you can paint them just cant powder coat them

Old 01-02-2010, 11:49 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jusjay727
weed has the most extensive list on the whole forum i believe....good job weed you must not have kids other than the rotts....
HA!! Ive got 4 kids, one ex wife, 3 (English) Mastiffs and 2 Rotts. All my work has been done after my divorce and in the last 12-18 months. My secret? I used to be BIG into Oldsmobles and so I had lots engines ranging from 350s to 455s. I had 4 spare transmissions and tons of spare parts. I had a 70 Cutlass S that was about 40% done with the restoration process and I had a 87 442 that was 75-80% done. The 442 went from a stock 307 to a 350 to a 455 to a Cadillac 500. Lots of torque.

Anyway, when I met my ex and marriage and kids and new rides all came, the funds dried up for my projects. So they never got finished. When I got divorced I lost the desire and motivation to finish them so I sold everything. Oddly enough, I pretty much broke even on my projects so I didnt really lose anything. I also sold all the special tools I knew I would no longer need or ever use again.

My Mastiffs are huge dogs and with them come high feed bills. But fortunately, the pups cost a lot also. My brindle female had 16 pups about 2 yrs ago. Those sold between 800-1000 a pup. Calculate that all up and exclude Uncle Sam and what do you got?

So for me, there have been many things that have allowed me to do my mods. Since I sold my other Olds cars I needed something else to work on and stay busy with. Right now Ive got a set of 6.1 half covers Im working for my truck. The PA 3" BL will be here Tue so I need to plan out some time for that. Then I will need to go to work and make some custom brackets for my grill guard. Soon the headers need to go on and at some point Ive got to get a DSP and do my custom tuning.

So there you have it, my secrets and plans

Old 01-02-2010, 11:53 AM
OklaHemi
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love it ^^^^^.

Old 01-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoa, this is starting to look like a two horse race already. Wasn't expecting that.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:03 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

people like lifts and big tires

Old 01-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Albertaramfan
Captain

Vote is in! Good luck to all
Got some great trucks running this month

Old 01-02-2010, 01:09 PM
fk1022
All Star

no matter who wins, all of you have nice trucks.

Old 01-02-2010, 02:26 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is one tough vote this month...

Jay - your truck is so clean. you've done an awesome job pullin together the black and subtle chrome. you're also a standup guy. you and your truck are a great asset to this forum.

Silver (Nick) - the same can be said about you. I love the intricate detail you've gone into painting everything silver. they arent the most noticeable mods ever, but it really brings the whole truck together. Keep it up -- college will be over soon enough and you can afford some of the big boy mods you're wanting.

weed - holy cow man, that mod list is incredible. you've got it all... looks, electronics, performance, style. got a great ride. i've been tryin to get you as a Ram of the Week for a while now, so glad you're in the TOTM. You've got a sick rig

SMKNRAM - a man after my own heart. Love your rig -- lifted black trucks are the greatest. keep it up bud. I nominated you for a reason

hellbent - Visually speaking, you might have my favorite look this month. Those black stripes look so good. It really makes the truck look heavily modded even though it isnt. Stick around the forum here and you'll learn a lot. Welcome to the competition.

To all of you, congratulations on your nominations. This is a tough vote, and I'm gonna have to sit on it for a day or two

Old 01-02-2010, 02:30 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well put AF, I couldnt agree more, and Thank you!!

IMO this is what this competition is all about!

Old 01-02-2010, 04:18 PM
HellBent4Leather

Originally Posted by OklaHemi
people like lifts and big tires
I'm seeing that's the case...

Quick Reply: January Truck Of The Month