3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Black Rims?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010 | 10:18 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned
Default Black Rims?

I've always loved my vehicles to be black but for some reason I always get nervous when I think about puttin a black rim on a black vehicle. I don't want it to loose its pop that it has now...but with tax returns coming within a couple of months, I'm kind of getting ancy to slap a set of 20" black rims on the truck and maybe run my factory chromes during the harsh winters of Maine. This is the black rim I like on moe's performance, do you think it would look good on my truck in a 20" size? I'm kind of commited to the 20" size because I spent way too much on the toyo a/t's. If you guys have any other black rim options you think would look good with my truck please feel free to drop them, or your opinion if you think it's a good idea or not. Thanks as always guys.

Old 01-07-2010 | 10:22 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

those will look sweet on your truck. i love clean 5 spoke wheels. not too mention it'd be nice to see a truck without some offroad wheels with rivets or spokes that flow onto the lip

Old 01-07-2010 | 10:23 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion

that would look nice, but you are gonna move tires from wheel to wheel? most people just get another set of tires and switch whole sets.

But yeah either way it will look good on your truck

Old 01-07-2010 | 10:23 PM
oefootball_70
Champion

oh yeah do it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-SR...ht_1606wt_1167

what about those? I think they are sweet, I am just not sure on your truck.

Old 01-07-2010 | 10:26 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

IDK about that rim. It looks like something that you would see on a lowered chevy impala or something like that. Not really a rim for a truck IMO.

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi

Old 01-07-2010 | 10:29 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

That wheel looks sweet.....and the chrome lip will really set it off.

Old 01-07-2010 | 10:32 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
IDK about that rim. It looks like something that you would see on a lowered chevy impala or something like that. Not really a rim for a truck IMO.

haha, get outta here. i'll agree with you to an extent. to be honest with you id love to see these wheels on a truck because there a little more street? vs offroad? i dont know how else to say it. not to many guys on here are running wheels with a nice lip. but ive seen many a tahoe and denali with those wheels

Old 01-07-2010 | 10:33 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher

I thought the same thing.

Old 01-07-2010 | 10:38 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

This is why I'm happy I asked you guys, I love hearing all the different angles. In my view, I kind of look at my truck between a street truck and an offroad truck. It sits higher than most half tons stock but it also has that street edge with the hemi motor and black paint. Personally I don't ever go "offroading", I use the truck for daily driving and working/hauling with it. Do you guys think the black rim will look good in the 20" size? I would buy another wheel and tire combo, but I'd like to keep the price down reasonably, and I really would like to get the full use out of those damn toyo open country a/t tires. I'm pretty excited about this though, I would love to finally commit to an all black truck

Old 01-07-2010 | 10:38 PM
cordaco
Rookie

I like them...

Quick Reply: Black Rims?