3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

180 degree thermostat? HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Ron69697
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THE BACK OF MY TRUCK I AINT TRYING TO get a huge lift just enough to make it look beefy not to low not to high to where i need shocks and a whole new suspension system im broke and def on a tight budget seein as i only get paid 11.50$ an hour and work 40 hours a week i only bring in like 1400 a month...whatever is cheap but dependable stuff.... to where its going to last till im 40, im 20 now lol ok maybe not that long but idk u kno wat im sayin just somethin dependable enuff to be on a truck and i live in georgia so theres alotta jacked up truks here everywhere and i want mine to fit in

Last edited by Ron69697; 01-20-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Ron69697

THANKS! again fellas

Last edited by Ron69697; 01-20-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:01 PM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by Ron69697

-FlowMaster Dual Exhaust(what setup and the name of it)
-Chip or superchip(which one...diablo what?)
-Cams (def dont know what that is but heard it makes a big diff)
-Have the front and back lifted equally so that it has a 4x4 Hemi look to it
-Have the Headlights changed to HID's(those are the blueish clearish tint right?)
-And honestly i like the new 07 08 grills wayyyy better than my cross grill is there a grill you could recommend me that would look good
-And i want to get the fog lights behind the grill

MAGNAFLOW, not rustmaster
its a 4.7, so a Superchips (dont know if Diablo makes one for it)
expensive!!! alot of work and time
spacers, $70 you can do it yourself
5000K, $200 get the good ones, not a $30 Ebay kit (your Ram is picky)
you can buy gutter mesh and do a DIY,looks good (an 07/08 conversion is pretty intensive)
$50, easy to do, pick up some Hella's at Pepboys

Old 01-20-2010, 11:28 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

First off, welcome again to DF Ron. You've come to the right place if you want us to blow your money for ya, lol. Ya already seem like a cool-a$$ dude, glad to have ya around.

2nd- Ga Damn Matt, I LOVE that avatar, lol. I even had the ***** to show it to my wife, lol (not....too....gooood ) No offense, but your post mighta confused the op more than help, lol.

Ill try an put it in more laymens (sp) terms.

CAI= cold air intake....... can be found cheap, or made yourself for cheaper (already been coverd)

Exhaust= I have flowmaster, sounds great, but not the best rep for performance/longevity. Ask this question, you'll get a zillion different opinions. Check out some sound clips on youtube, getcha an idea of what you're looking for.

Programmer= I don't have much experience here, but obviously you don't wanna go with JET products, lol. They do seem to be worth the $$ when paired with the other basic mods

"Lift"= I believe with 05 and under, you can crank the torsion bars up front to level it out, or get some "keys" to lift'er up. Again, not much experience here, 06+ have a different front-end suspension. You can lift the rear simply by using blocks, not too hard. Plenty of info on this, just search around a little, but Im sure some smarter guys will chime in

Tires= what size rims are ya running? All I really know about are the 17's. Plenty of threads floating around about various wheel/tire size combos and brands, but ask, and you'll recieve (along with a "use the search button" comment )

Dunno what else I can throw out there, Im kinda under the influence at the moment, lol, plus I don't know too much anyways, just throwing out what I think I do, haha.

Oh, fogs behind the grill= Hella 500's or Hella 500's ff= can be had at walmart for $50ish, install seems to be pretty simple. There should be a good DIY on this. The difference b/t the two types, I believe, is the beam they put out (directed or spread out)

HIDs= this is a conversion kit that replaces your factory Halogen bulb with a HID bulb. The local site sponsor is HIDextra, which a bunch of us has gone with. $60 shipped, plug n play, super easy install, well worth the money IMO.

If I missed something, or sound retarded anywhere in here, please forgive me, haha. I have an excuse, tonight anyways. Just search around the forum, theres lotsa info out there on all these topics, its just sometimes hard to find the right keywords to use.

Again, welcome to the forum partner! That 2g's wont last long 'round these parts

edit: apologies to matt, my dumb drunk as$ mighta confused him more that you, lol.

Last edited by 4.7Ram5.7Rango; 01-20-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by 4.7Ram5.7Rango
2nd- Ga Damn Matt, I LOVE that avatar, lol. I even had the ***** to show it to my wife, lol (not....too....gooood ) No offense, but your post mighta confused the op more than help, lol.

edit: apologies to matt, my dumb drunk as$ mighta confused him more that you, lol.
yea I know, and for people like young Shiloh that want to know whats going on, they guy is CHECKING HER PULSE...gaa

and no, you explained it better...i was giving a quick answer to the ?...the only thing that needed a little splaining is the lifting question...if you have a 2wd, you put a spacer up on top of the front coil spring OR a new longer spring. Most likely, you wont need a block because they droop so low in the front. 4wd can crank the tbars or put keys in, but I believe his is 2wd maybe? There are other options (spindles, body lift, suspension lift) but those are more expensive.

But OP, as he said, everything you are looking for has been covered numerous times on here. Most of us have opinions on each product. There are hundreds of things you can do to your truck, some cheap some expensive. Everything depends on how far you want to open your wallet. You sound like youre in the same boat as me, so I listed the way I did things (cheap). When you get outta school you can buy the $2000 lift and $1500 tires

Old 01-21-2010, 08:37 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

1) There are a lot better choices out there than Flowmaster for performance that sound just as good. Look at a Cherry Bomb if you want loud or a Magnaflow or Aero if you want a bit mellower sound. But a better flowing exhaust is a good start to moddin' a stock truck.

2) Superchips - 'nuff said...

3) Cams (and you need 2 of them), the least expensive you can go with for better gains are the HO cams, and unless you can install them yourself (and it doesn't sound like you can), you are looking at about $1500 installed. Leave the cams alone, at least for now.

4) If it's a 4x4, just crank the bolts. If it's a 4x2, then get you a set of coil spacers. Can be had for around $100 and are an easy install, but even if you pay to have it done, installation is usually around $200.

5) I ain't a HID guy, do a search here, is a HID thread posted about every day.

6) You can redo it yourself or goto a place like stylintrucks.com for a huge selection.

7) Hellas, super easy install...

Old 01-21-2010, 10:29 AM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome to DF, I think your questions have been properly answered, I will put in a vote for superchips and Cherrybomb!

Old 01-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Ron69697

oooohhhhh ok i see thanks guys and Rango its ok everyone has there days hahaha....but **** man i aint tryin to get a superchip unless they make one for my 4.7 but id rather just go with a good programmer bc thats what i was plannin to get in the first place. But i think ima end up going with the cherry bomb dual exhaust. Dont get me wrong magnaflow sounds good but when it comes to personal preference i think i like the Cherry Bomb Vortex bc is sounds kinda like a truck mixed with a mach1(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYhKZRGfjhI) theres a little clip on it if u guys wanna hear it but thats a 5.7 4x4 Hemi and mines just a regular 2wd 4.7....i dont know if the exhuast is going to make my truck sound anything like that. But yo Rango do you got ne pics of your HIDs? are the blueish/clearish tint and bright as hell? because if they are then i would really like to see a pic of it bc i wanna get those blueish clearish ones for my foglights and my headlights and as for the lift id want my lift to be as high up as matts truck....but if i cant do that with spacers then i guess ill just spacer my truck up just for now and get the front evened up with the back until i have more money in tha bank. And sorry i didnt mean to confuse anyone its just that i had put a pic of my trucck on both of my comments for the front and back of my truck and i get on the next day and my pictures are gone! here ima but them in again jus in case if they dont show up....then watever

Old 01-22-2010, 08:33 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron69697
....but **** man i aint tryin to get a superchip unless they make one for my 4.7 but id rather just go with a good programmer bc thats what i was plannin to get in the first place.

wtf are you trying to say? Superchips IS a programmer and IS made for your 4.7. So you lost me there...

Old 01-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Matt99
Champion

Its okay, I had trouble with pics for a long time

superchips does make a 4.7 tuner but SCT makes the best one, its pretty high though. That cherry bomb has had good reviews by some of the crowd on here, louder than the magnaflow. Not as loud as mine though lol. And yea, just a spacer for me man. Heres HIDs for you
Name:  1242877386.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  43.5 KB
and my exhaust on a 4.7

Quick Reply: 180 degree thermostat? HELP!!!