3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

180 degree thermostat? HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:49 PM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lose the TB spacer. It will do nothing. CAI and tuner will complement each other nicely.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:15 AM
nh5
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skip changing out the muffler, Just get a Electronic Cutout to open up the exhaust pipe and totally bypass the muffler.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:33 AM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by Ron69697
ok hold up...let me see here...u got 5k does the 5k have a blue tint to it? bc im wanting atleast some blue but not to much blue to over power the bright crystal diamond light look but enough where you can look at it and be look "o **** that dude has bright a$$ diamond lookin headlights...and is that a blueish tint!?!" u kno wat im sayin? ...ur lights tight but im jus sayin its kind of hard to get a clear look at the photo. ughh this would be so much easier to talk about in person. (EDIT: i actually jus got done lookin at a thread bout someone jus hookin up there hid's and he had 8k and they seem purdy but im still not sure)

IF the 5k headlights u got do have a blueish tint im probably going to go with ur setup with the 5k headlights and 6k fog lights. MAYBE juuuust MAYBE 7k fog lights

ok for my next queshh bout the throttle body spacer....u got me interested. Tell me if this would be stupid and a waste of money or if all these things will add up on top of each other and create and provide more and quicker acceleration and power...

-CAI
-Throttle body spacer
-Diablo programmer or superchip

or would those 3 things installed in my truck be worthless and a waste of my money because one of those things equals the amount of power for all those 3 things put together?...

As for the exhaust could i run a Y-Pipe with dual magnaflow straights exhaust and would that sound atleast close to what yours sounds like? and is the bigger the tip size the louder it gets or does the tip size even matter?
Haha sorry man, what i was saying was the jet chip was useless, just as the throttle body spacer. The Diablo/Superchip programmers and a good CAI will wake the truck up

Well you need to figure out your exhaust system, if you run two magnaflows you might as well get an xpipe (y pipe turns two pipes from the motor into one going out, an xpipe would run two, mix the exhaust gases, and back out to two for both of your mufflers) It would sound good but not do too much. You could get a ypipe to replace the bad stock one, and get a single in/dual out magnaflow. The cutout is pretty dang cool, but its kinda extreme IMO. You have a "flap" in your exhaust pipe that diverts it to an open pipe, hit a button and it goes from normal flow, to open headers Name:  exhaust.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  14.5 KB

5K has a hint of blue. 6k is a baby blue. I dont like the BLUE lights, but a white light with a bit of blue. Do you kinda understand what im saying? This shows it, but it makes the 6K look too white. Its the perfect color, any bluer and you stand out in a bad way Name:  colortemps.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  41.8 KB

Last edited by Matt99; 01-23-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Ron69697

YEEESSSSS MATT! i understand now ...yea 6k is def wat ima run cuz the way u explained it when u said "This shows it, but it makes the 6K look too white. Its the perfect color, any bluer and you stand out in a bad way" thats what i was tryin to find out i just couldnt put it as good as u haha...

thanks bro....o and i got my exhaust put in today and i was going to do tru duals straight out the back but it wouldve been to expensive so im satisfied with the sound i got with the 2chamber flowmaster 3 1/2 chrome fat angled tips that match my truck nicely with all the other chrome i got.

i guess the next thing ima try to do is either your 6k hids, the diablo programmer, CAI, and the spacers for the front of my truck to even the truck up. but idk i guess ima start off with the performance of the truck first and get the hid's if i get some spare cash which will prob be on my bday comin up in march and from my tax $$$$ comin back to me here in a few weeks...oh and i def need to black out my taillights haha cant forget that it looks cleeeeeeaaaann as hell

how do i find out what hid's to get is there a website to refer to or something bc ive googled it and searched the forums but its pretty much a no show....just people talking about their hid's flickering and brights just turning into low beams(which i hope isnt a problem to fix do you think thats just a problem for the 06's and up? or should i be worried....i probably just get it professionally done so i dont put myself thru the hassle

Last edited by Ron69697; 01-23-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Ron69697

Originally Posted by hemiguy0302
Lose the TB spacer. It will do nothing. CAI and tuner will complement each other nicely.
ok gotcha thanks man

Quick Reply: 180 degree thermostat? HELP!!!