3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

mystery noise solved!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 10:13 PM
JOHNSN10
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mystery noise solved!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i killed two birds with one stone today.awhile back i posted a thread about a noise my truck was making,it sounded like 2 pieces of styrofoam rubbing together anytime i went over bumps.you guys had me check everything which i did and it didnt work.i basically gave up on it.on saturday i was installing a switch to my halo/led headlights and i took the front dash part off that goes around the steering wheel and gauges.when it was off i drilled my hole for the switch and i noticed there was a foam block behind where i drilled the hole so i left it out when putting the dash back in.i have not had any annoying noises since.take a look below and see what has made my life hell,lol the blue led switch is where it was located.one more thing-the led is on the bottom so it doesnt blind me while i drive at night.

Name:  IMG_0867.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  108.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0863.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  80.7 KB

Old 01-24-2010, 10:26 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sonofabitch i'm glad you finally figured out what that noise was. you had us all stumped

Old 01-25-2010, 03:15 AM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol that is bloody hillarious, all that **** off just for a stupid little chunk of foam.. Awesome you figured it out and took that POS off!!

Quick Reply: mystery noise solved!!!!!!!!!!!!