3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4wheelonline.com - beware

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 04:59 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wheelonline.com - beware

Not sure why I'm posting this because I bought my superchips flashpaq from them and received it in a timely manner. Not so happy with fedex for waiting til 4:30pm to deliver it but, oh well. But, I've been holding my breath since placing my order for this thing. Not sure why I didn't do it before I purchased but when I saw the price ($295 shipped), I jumped on it. However, the checkout process didn't give me warm and fuzzies because it said any tracking numbers wouldn't be sent out for at least 5 days after purchase and to not even bother inquiring about a purchase until at least 7 days afterward. I didn't share that here at the time. Like I said, holding my breath. So, I googled them and found all kinds of complaints about them and their BBB rating is a C-. Complaints ranged from receiving the wrong item or taking forever to get it all the way up to people feeling like they got completely ripped off and never received their item. Apparently, lack of communication and lack of the ability to interact voice to voice with these people is a huge issue when something goes wrong. And, they charge a restocking fee plus shipping both ways to return items even when the right item was purchased and the wrong one was shipped.

With all that said, they did right by me but, even after my decent experience, after reading what I've read, I'm not sure I'd ever buy from them again. I saw numerous complaints by people that had a good experience followed by misery on the next order.

(LOL - I'm writing all this before even trying to plug this thing in - hope that doesn't bite me)

Old 01-29-2010, 05:04 PM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i prefer jegs and summitracing. 2 top notch company's imo.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jegs is usually pricy, Summit Racing has taken many of my dollars, and I've never had anything but great service.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:11 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

Agreed but price was $50 lower but not worth the potential headache in hindsight.

I hate to bash someone that doesn't deserve it or has done right by me but I'd hate to see someone else get screwed when I could have warned them. My initial thought was maybe they cleaned up their act but many of the complaints were very recent. So I was probably just lucky. No company will ever be able to please everyone but I saw so many of the same complaints over and over. I did see a few positives too but very few. However, I realize you are always going to see people post more complaints than kudos. But there are enough suppliers out there to stay away from the questionable ones.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:13 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

moespeformance.com i got mine in 2 days
http://moesperformance.com/index.php...0fbc2f617534d9

Old 01-29-2010, 05:20 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

Got mine in 3 and that's after a late order on Tuesday. I can't complain but too many others have. Don't think I'll shop there again.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:24 PM
car421
Rookie

I was suprised how much stuff for my truck amazon has. Prices in line with other sites, if not cheaper. Usually free shipping, plus I have prime, and they have a great return policy.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:27 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

Now Amazon, that's one place I've gotten mixed results. I've gotten totally screwed on a couple of Amazon purchases but mostly good results. Ebay is usually my first go-to as long as I know exactly what I want and what it would cost me retail. But the 3865 is selling there just as much as Summit or Jegs and even more from a few sellers.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:40 PM
ram man17
Captain

I think summit is a great company. On the way home from a road trip we stopped by their store in Georgia. I was in heaven. I would go down one isle of headers then the next isle would be nitrous kits. From NC it isnt that far of a haul I dont think. If your ever goin that direction I recomend stopping by. Plus you could order something then save some $$$ by picking it up instead of paying for shipping

Old 01-29-2010, 05:41 PM
car421
Rookie

Maybe I've been lucky, been using amazon for years now and have never had an issue.

Quick Reply: 4wheelonline.com - beware