3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dual zone climate control BUT I DON'T WANT IT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 08:17 PM
xervo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual zone climate control BUT I DON'T WANT IT!!!

So, I flushed the cooling system and now I only have heat on the passenger side while the driver side is ice cold. The pass side is nice and hot though. Its the same in all settings, defrost, feet, face or any mix of the three. When in defrost its like the four or five defroster vents get progressively colder as you go from left to right. It warms up fine and doesn't seem to overheat but its hard to tell its like 10deg out right now
Anyway, its as if I have two blend doors but as far as I know you only get one blend door unless you have dual climate control, which I don't. Any ideas? Or has anybody had a similar problem.
I also installed a power inverter at the same time but I don't know if that would have anything to do with it??? Unless unhooking the battery and hooking it back up I fried the HVAC control unit or something.

Oh, yeah. Its a 2002 1500 with the 4.7.

Last edited by xervo; 01-29-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:27 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

On the dual zone heaters, if the lever falls off on one of the blend door assy. This cause the same problem as if you had a broken blend door. Heres the crap part of the problem, the lever is on the other side of the heater box ( bulkhead/firewall) side.The right way to make the repair is to remove the dash. And then the heater box.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:59 PM
xervo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have dual control. It just acts like dual control. Does the regular climate control have two blend doors? I guess it must considering what mine is doing... Sigh

Quick Reply: Dual zone climate control BUT I DON'T WANT IT!!!