3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Where to buy a Tonneau

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 12:23 PM
bign1976
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where to buy a Tonneau

www.downeyproducts.com I have had three of their sst covers, no problems whatsoever. all look brand new and no tears nothing.

Old 04-25-2005, 02:33 PM
Avanti
Captain

MoparTodd:

Could I ask a few questions about the Peragon, please--which may be of interest to others reading this and trying to decide what to buy. I've gotten some info from Peragon, but would like some from an owner.
1) Does the cover rattle when driving with it closed? It seems to have metal rollers in metal tracks, hmmm.
2) Is the Logo by the lock just a stick-on (that can be removed)?
3) It looks to me like if ones cargo shifts to the front while the cover is closed it could block the "accordion" from folding down and keep one from opening the cover.

There is a lot I like about the Peragon, so I'd appreciate any other comments you might wish to offer.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Hemi Dave
Professional

Guys Good questions about the Peragon...I also think theres a metal component that hangs down at the front of the bed. It could also be damaged by shifting load. Check out the pace edwards too.

Old 04-27-2005, 01:21 PM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, I think I've settled on the Truxedo Lo Pro Rollup Tonneau. I like the low profile, but I wish it had snaps or something, velcro makes me nervous. Should I Linex the bed before I install it or do the clamps not really mark up the rails?

Old 04-28-2005, 10:10 AM
mill500
Veteran

Great choice...very happy with mine. You don't need to line the bed just for the sake of the Truxedo mounting brackets. They clamp to the underside of the bed lip so anything they mark you'll never see. It's not a bad idea to do it for general principles though. Then you never have to worry about dragging crap in and out. Check out my previous post here if you're thinking about colors for the top.

Old 04-28-2005, 05:25 PM
Avanti
Captain

Regarding a couple Q's I had about the Peragon:
1) Yes, there is a bar low across the front that seems to be there to keep objects from sliding too far forward and interfering with opening.
2) Peragon got back with me on the name/logo by the key... as it appears, it is only a sticker and can be readily removed.
3) Regarding rattling, Peragon explained how this is avoided, but it was a bit confusing.

I will say, that Peragon was very prompt in getting back with me via e-mail. I asked Q's Friday night and by Sat night had answers, though I needed additional clarification, which was also quickly supplied.

I am also looking at the "Undercover" by Versacover. I think the enhanced weather protection (compared with the Peragon) would better meet my needs, though it looks like it will cost a couple inches of storage space since the reinforcing structure fits down into the top of the bed a tad.

I find things I like with several tops, but in each case some others I don't. Way too many options!!!

All the best.

Old 04-28-2005, 05:33 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Avanti

MoparTodd:

Could I ask a few questions about the Peragon, please--which may be of interest to others reading this and trying to decide what to buy. I've gotten some info from Peragon, but would like some from an owner.
1) Does the cover rattle when driving with it closed? It seems to have metal rollers in metal tracks, hmmm.
2) Is the Logo by the lock just a stick-on (that can be removed)?
3) It looks to me like if ones cargo shifts to the front while the cover is closed it could block the "accordion" from folding down and keep one from opening the cover.

There is a lot I like about the Peragon, so I'd appreciate any other comments you might wish to offer.

Thanks in advance.

1.) Very little noise. That was a major consideration since rattles and creaks bug the heck out of me. Yes there are rollers in metal tracks.
2.) It's a sticker.
3.) It could if you don't secure what you're carrying. I've always been in the habit of securing anyway.

Old 05-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Hemi Dave
Professional

All,

I installed my Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit today. The install was a little diffcult as I installed it with a new drop in bed liner as well. I paid $850 for the unit. To be honest I thought it would be a little more beefey. For the most part it's aluminum and a black abs plastic. It took me about 4 hours to get it right but it is a neat unit. I guess time will tell if it holds up well. Another interesting thing is the cover is designed to drain into the canister and through the floor of the bed. If you don't have grommets or drain holes you will have to drill 5/8" holes. I'm also pretty certain cold weather may cause problems. Also the Ram has tapered bed rails so when you get everything adjusted evenly the rails overlap your rear stake holes...virtually unusable unless you want to hack up your new $850 cover rails.

Quick Reply: Where to buy a Tonneau