3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

KORE chase series suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:51 AM
gil_caz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KORE chase series suspension

first off, yes im new here.... i have a few questions for the dodge forum people. ive been reading around and it looks like this would be the best place to ask my questions.

i am looking into putting my truck back to stock. not cause i hate the lift, i just would rather save my money on fuel and tires.

where would be the best place to buy the stock parts, like a dummy i didnt keep them. i know the local dealer will murder me with the price tag, so who has had luck with junk yards? i havent ever bought from them and i dont want to get ripped off.

also if any one local to corona will want to trade i think id be up for that as well.

thanks for the help!

Old 02-03-2010, 11:57 AM
tuned93
Record Breaker

yeah, i think your best bet would be to find someone to trade out. maybe on your local craigslist or something. it would be way to expensive to buy all new or even used stock parts. plus prolly a b*tch to sell your stuff to use the money to buy the stock stuff. my suggestion is to find a trade and do a weekend swap...

Old 02-03-2010, 12:04 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, thats a sweet lift that you have and I am sure that someone would be more than happy to trade you. I would post an thing on your local craigslist to see what people are saying.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:04 PM
SlvrRAM05
Rookie

the easiest way might be to find a cheap donor truck, one that's blown up from an auction etc...I did that for my 03' RAM before I traded it in, Used the money I got from selling the parts for my down payment on my 05...

Old 02-03-2010, 12:29 PM
gil_caz

ok, i did some more looking around, and it looks like what kore sells for the leveling kit, are the same coils that are in the chase series, which i have.

so i think if i can find the stock leaf springs for the rear i should be good. also i would probably try to get shocks more set up for towing than the fox shocks.

how does that sound?

Old 02-03-2010, 02:21 PM
tuned93
Record Breaker

yeah, sell the fox shocks, get some nice gas shocks and an airbag helper kit. what are you towing?

Old 02-03-2010, 04:32 PM
907hemi
Amateur

hey Gil why are you wanting to get rid of your kore. i have been saving up to buy that kit. what dont you like about it.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Brokenpath
Rookie

I'll be in so cal in a few days, i'll trade for sure.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:53 PM
gil_caz

Originally Posted by 907hemi
hey Gil why are you wanting to get rid of your kore. i have been saving up to buy that kit. what dont you like about it.
sorry its taken me a while, i spent the last 4 days in vegas....

the thing i dont like about it is, it makes my truck to high for my taste at this time.

ive been into riding dirt bikes, and mountain biking alot more lately and the lift makes loading up my stuff a little harder. like loading a dirt bike while standing on a cooler hard.

i can do it, i just dont want to deal with it right now.

also i feel towing my trailer would be easier as well..... i towed in the past a 22 foot enclosed box trailer with 4 quads, 2 dirt bikes, and camping gear, no problem(Cummings). i just recently moved up to a 30foot toy hauler that is a bit heavy. 1300 tongue weight, 13,000 gvw. heavy...

let me know where your from if your interested in swapping.

Quick Reply: KORE chase series suspension