3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

drifting = damage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 02:54 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guys with 4:56's will tell you, that they light them up pretty well and I could see them doing the SRT thing no probs.
Al.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:52 AM
wake
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only thing from drifting that ive known that can be damaged is the diff

then again thats if your a dumbass and are completely sideways thinking your all good..then the right rear his drive pavement while your sideways with a speedo reading about 60 and then the right read grabs

snapped the hell out of the spider gears in the diff..then again ive never heard of a Ram dif especialy a LSD ram diff doing that

but chevy's thats a completely different story..especially the s10's

if this was mentioned earlier in the thread i apologize..i only read the first page

Old 02-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Thatonekidw/theHEMI
Veteran

Everyone likes to have their fun, as do i, but the more you do it the more tire wear you will see. Also consider the torque and stress on the steering system and front suspension while whipping around a corner. Also consider the damage a pot hole could do while going sideways as well. Common sense the more you beat on your truck the more likely things will break.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:00 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

torque and stress on the steering column? i guess you guys dont understand what we are doing its no worse than normal driving or regular wear and tear....of course the more you beat on it things will break that is common sense but what im doing is no worse than a normal drive...other than tires spinning in the rear....

Old 02-05-2010, 01:12 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

sorry im realistic in every post i make. if you want to screw around, your truck will get screwed up. plus this guy said drift a corner, not hey i slid around a corner will that screw anything up.

so yes if you are doing it every chance u get it will screw **** up,

if you do it one in a while, you'll be fine unless God hates you

in my other posts im totally realistic, sinking money into a 4.7 is not a smart move, i know because i did it and the results were not worth the money.

its been how many days and your crying over what i said? check your maxi pad

Old 02-05-2010, 01:30 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

check my maxi huh...it has been days go change yours...check the dates....my last post was directed at the previous post...this thread has been fine...and realisticly...you havent bought the right mods for your 4.7l to make a difference to begin with...the s/c tuner is the only thing you have bought that will give you a realistic gain.... i am not a child or a teen i know whats going on with my vehicle its not my first rodeo....and the things i do with my truck are my responsibility not yours to tell me to stop or ill break something realisticly what i do will not harm my vehicle unless i lose control or hit something....now get over it .....im not here to pick arguements but your info is mislead....

Old 02-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Marx
Record Breaker

Ya its a right hand drive take a bit to get used to but its fun

Old 02-05-2010, 01:33 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

your truck is a right side drive .....meaning you sit on the normal passenger side to drive it....dang yeah that would take some getting used to....

Old 02-05-2010, 01:54 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jusjay727
check my maxi huh...it has been days go change yours...check the dates....my last post was directed at the previous post...this thread has been fine...and realisticly...you havent bought the right mods for your 4.7l to make a difference to begin with...the s/c tuner is the only thing you have bought that will give you a realistic gain.... i am not a child or a teen i know whats going on with my vehicle its not my first rodeo....and the things i do with my truck are my responsibility not yours to tell me to stop or ill break something realisticly what i do will not harm my vehicle unless i lose control or hit something....now get over it .....im not here to pick arguements but your info is mislead....

keep it relevant man, this is a screwing up drifting thread, whine on the engine mod thread. and i dont tell anyone what to do, no one does on this forum, its an open online forum, where everyone can throw their 2 cents in. go ahead and throw a few g's away getting your 4.7 to match a hemi in performance, if you got a problem, private message me so this BS isnt taking up this guys thread, i might even give you my email or phone number

my info isnt mislead, ive worked on cars and trucks, taken classes, worked in a hot rod shop, read countless books. I'm no expert, but i do know the basics.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:01 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

i don't have a problem at all...and im not throwing money away and im not trying to match a hemi...im trying to mod my truck the way i want to...its my money...but for you to tell somebody not to is wrong...i was keeping this thread on track until you had to defend yourself in here....back on track sliding your truck will not harm it....ill help others keep the facts straight....

Quick Reply: drifting = damage?