3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help prothane leveling kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 11:05 AM
hemi slappin
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

matt and cowboy ditto to that!, a 1.5 isnt going to level the truck fyi it might at first but it will settle some and the front will be lower, i have a 1.5 now and thats wht happened, i dont have the isolator in which help add a little more but im going with a 2in along with the isolator so it can be bulldoged a little, with the 1.5 you dont need the shocks its fine mine does good so you should be fine

Old 02-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by hemi slappin
matt and cowboy ditto to that!, a 1.5 isnt going to level the truck fyi it might at first but it will settle some and the front will be lower, i have a 1.5 now and thats wht happened, i dont have the isolator in which help add a little more but im going with a 2in along with the isolator so it can be bulldoged a little, with the 1.5 you dont need the shocks its fine mine does good so you should be fine
Since you have an 06, you need to stay with the 1.5"...Ive had some problems with the 2" (in "some" I mean "tons")

Old 02-12-2010, 03:58 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by hemi slappin
I know that trucks '06 and up have no problem with the stock shocks, however a lot of '02-'05 trucks really benefit from the longer shocks. I know it did me.

Ask Matt, his suspension is laid out differently from my '04, plus you have a 4by and not a 2wd.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by cwboyjohnny24
I know that trucks '06 and up have no problem with the stock shocks, however a lot of '02-'05 trucks really benefit from the longer shocks. I know it did me.

Ask Matt, his suspension is laid out differently from my '04, plus you have a 4by and not a 2wd.
haha HELL yea it is. I didnt even look at him having a 4x4...Ive been kinda preoccupied lately, just been dealing with the whole bump thing. There are a few 06 ups about to be putting on the spacers, so we will see if the regular shock setup works better than mine

Old 02-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Duncan01

Well its goin in in the mornin, so well see how she turns out. What kind of spacer did you get cwboyjohnny24? the one Ive got is polyurethane and they garunteed it not to drop form the original height after install. Hell if i know im just goin off what ive heard.

We had a look at the front suspension today and it looks like the isolator is up top. If so does the spacer go in the bottom? cause Ive always seen it the other way around but dont see why it would matter.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:25 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Duncan01
Well its goin in in the mornin, so well see how she turns out. What kind of spacer did you get cwboyjohnny24? the one Ive got is polyurethane and they garunteed it not to drop form the original height after install. Hell if i know im just goin off what ive heard.

We had a look at the front suspension today and it looks like the isolator is up top. If so does the spacer go in the bottom? cause Ive always seen it the other way around but dont see why it would matter.
I decided not to go with a spacer. I went with a 2" longer coil. Yes, the isolator is ALWAYS on top of the spring. The one you got goes on the bottom from what you've showed. I can't comment on whether or not it would work the same, but my concern would be on the bottom, the coil sits in a small indentation in the spring bucket. I would just wonder how secure it is. Every spacer I've seen goes on top.

To quote the movie Tommy Boy:

I can **** in a bag and mark it guaranteed if you want.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Duncan01

before and after now i just have to decide on some wheels and tires. What do you guys think of black and silver wheels or chrome? Also it has 31" tires now you think it would look good with 33" or would that be too much tire and not enough fender space?

duncan

Attached Thumbnails help prothane leveling kit?-dscn0452.jpg   help prothane leveling kit?-dscn0460.jpg  
Old 02-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Matt99
Champion

Looks alot better me likey

Quick Reply: help prothane leveling kit?