3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mega Cab

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 01:07 AM
mmstar23
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shiloh is talking about pulls where 2 trucks pull in oposite directions lol....thats not what we're talking about....you want to stay relativly lower because you can lock up a lot better, which you'll find out that traction is almost more important than ridiculous amount or torque. i can do anything with my 1700ft lbs or torque if i cant get it to connect to the ground. and staying lower puts a lot less stress of the hitch itself....a lot of geometry ****. but we're talking stupid high where you begin to get hurt...like mine....if i were lower it would pull a lot better. but a 6" or 5" isnt going to really matter too much....most of the trucks i see at the pulls are about 6"....maybe because a lot of guys run 6"? because its a lot of height on the HDs but its also a lot cheaper compared to the 8" kits available.... A LOT...and dodges dont like to go higher than 6" because angles start going out of whack and takes a lot of parts/money to get things to work properly at those heights...ill stop rambling now lol

Old 02-12-2010, 01:22 AM
gasguy
Professional

5.9 is trusted & true....the 6.7 is a great engine (it's the EPA that's got the emmissions all @#$*ed up.) As long as the mileage is under 100K, get the 6.7 for the warranty and hopefully most of the bugs have been worked out.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:26 AM
mmstar23
Champion

bugs have been worked out gas guy. i have friends with crazy 6.7's and love them.... im considering selling this truck for a 2010 3500 megacab...but i think im gonna wait a year on that

Old 02-12-2010, 01:36 PM
thebeast1
Rookie

yeah im just wantin to do a truck pull maybe once a year thats all really. The setups on the trucks arent my type of setup since im lookin at these trucks to buy that are already set up like this since i have found its cheaper to buy them already lifted and everything. I want a mega cab that is lifted at like 6 inches and no more than 8 but i wanted it to be my daily driver and such. i been lookin at the 5.9's more since not to many people have that good of things to say about the 6.7 but i cant give a oppinion ive only owned gassers so i really dont know much at all about diesels so any ideas on how to set them up and what to do is appreciated so dont worry about rambling lol mmstar how does your truck do pulling? you got a setup very similar to what i want to do and what kind of mileage u gettin?

Old 02-12-2010, 01:45 PM
thebeast1
Rookie

o nevermind mmstar u already answered my questions

Old 02-12-2010, 01:59 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

you get more traction if you tie in higher.

mmstar, not everyone has the option to do a DPF delete, or take the risk of removing it.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:15 PM
mmstar23
Champion

Thebeast: if you have any other questions just let me know. And I have quite a few buddies that are vendors so I can hook you up with some good prices.

Feejay: I know not everyone has the optionto run deletes. But from what I gathered. About him wanting to go to the pulls, the truck would obviously not be stock, and 1 of the first things to do to a 6.7 if you plan on modding it is to deleterious the DPF and EGR

Quick Reply: Mega Cab