3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

leveling spacer question

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 10:02 PM
meen green machine
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will they work on top then?

Old 02-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

The way their shaped I don't think they'll fit in the spring bucket up top, and the lip for the coil isn't very deep to begin with. I don't think they're gonna work at all.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:36 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

no they won't work on the top.Thoose were the same ones I got the first time I wanted to level my truck out about a year ago.They arn't for leveling,They are for sagging springs.It an old trick.You can either put them on the bottom of the coil or they come a part and you can stick them in between the coils(about middle) and it's suppose to lift you vehicle about and inch or so.I put a set of thoose on an old '58 chevy car that I had when I was a kid.Unfortunately there junk and I didn't put them on my truck I have now.Unfortunately i'm out lik $40 but hey, live and learn.I evetually saved up enough and bought a procomp level kit for like $130 or something like that.I wouldn't even really try thoose if I were you.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:46 PM
meen green machine
Professional

i appreciate all the help and info even though it hasnt been so great haha. i think im still gonna try since we dont have school on monday and my buddy said he would help. the guy on ebay swears up and down by them but idk. i guess theres no way to return items on ebay haha. he even gave me his number if i had any trouble whether its the real one or not i have yet to see.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by meen green machine
no i didnt get shocks. the seller said that he has installed them on many trucks and everybody ive heard witht hem said they worked fine. the seller said on most of the trucks he put them on they didnt need an alignment, which im highly doubting.
Yea, the hooker I met in Mexico said she didnt have herpes, but I never will get over that ****...unless its a pretty reputable company, I wouldnt fully trust him (making money is more important that repeat customers)

If I were the one putting it on my truck I would tie three or four rings of bailing wire around it and the spring. I dont know if I trust the spacer staying strait (it cant fall out cause of the shock). The spacers on top are held in with a lip, the bottom doesnt have that

Old 02-12-2010, 04:02 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Matt99
Yea, the hooker I met in Mexico said she didnt have herpes, but I never will get over that ****...unless its a pretty reputable company, I wouldnt fully trust him (making money is more important that repeat customers)

If I were the one putting it on my truck I would tie three or four rings of bailing wire around it and the spring. I dont know if I trust the spacer staying strait (it cant fall out cause of the shock). The spacers on top are held in with a lip, the bottom doesnt have that
Agreed....I wouldn't put that on my truck and feel good about it. I would give him a call since he gave you his cell and just explain to him that you've decided against a lift at all, send it back to him and get your money.

Quick Reply: leveling spacer question