3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

So pissed off

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 05:50 PM
blackram1500
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry So pissed off

About 3 weeks ago I went to wash my truck and noticed that there was white overspray on it from this painting company that was doing a job where I was working. So I went and talked to site manager and told him and he says well what do you want me to do (I said ,take it off) so he looks at it and then says I will come back and do it the next day,fine not a prob. That was the day they were fiished there and no one came back and I left message after message. So 2 weeks went by and I left another message and said i will give you 24 hrs to get ahold of me or I will take legal action, the next morning the foreman called and said he will be by to see it and he did and they said they will be cleaning it with a clay bar. So that evening came home to clean that truck cause there was clay still on it and then looked and there were SCRATCHES everywhere so now I am pissed off so much that i had to take the weekend to cool down with lots of beer. Then on the monday got 3 estimates to get it fixed at a detailed shop and email it to them with a letter and them they come back today with a letter saying that there detailer will ( NOT ) so now i am sending them a letter saying that they pick one off the ones i gave them or i am going to court.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have any pics of what they did to your truck and what it looked like before they scratched it up?

Old 02-12-2010, 06:48 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

will probably run you a pretty penny in court costs. You'll need very recent before and after pics (probably still wouldn't be valid) if you took this to court. No way the company will admit to the scratches and just say that they were there prior to them touching the truck.

You should have gotten written estimates from licensed detail shops to fix the over spray and then contact the company and have them pay you the damages they caused before ever letting them clean your truck. Then cross your fingers and hope they'd work with you since you probably didnt have the paint lab tested and whatnot to prove it was theirs. I'm surprised they even offered to clean the truck in the first place.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:59 PM
mpk4580
Rookie
Default That sucks

I feel bad for you I thought I was the only one that got in situations like this. I would tell them you have pics of before and after with time stamps and that you sought legal council anything to get them to pay and not go to court. That takes forever, had to do it with a landlord that took my deposit for a broken fridge temp dial $3 total not $800. I wish you the best of luck and hope it works out...you have every right to pissed off I would of gotten an assault charge if that happened to me.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:37 PM
blackram1500
Veteran
Angry

I have no close up pics of before this happened , but the building it happened at is an apt building where i work part time and I have over 200 suites that can back me up that my truck is in mint cond. And i have the 3 estimates that say they have even found clay in the scratches and i have witness that saw them doing my truck.
I have aslo heard that there was paint on navy guys new BMW and they ruined it and he even moved out of the building, so i also have him as a back up and there are others also butnot as bad as mine and the bmw.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:46 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Good luck with that.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:38 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

clay barring is the right way to do it but I wonder if they didnt use enough solution or a contaminated bar?

Old 02-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker

You may want to consider a different way

Get the work done at the shop of your choice, and pay the bill

Then hire an attorney to deliver the bill to them, threatening litigation if its not paid in full in a specefic amount of time.

The fact that they already tried it once establishes their guilt. Take LOTS of detailed pictures---you may need them.

Make multiple copies of everything concerning the issue, write down the date and time to the best of your recollection, all conversations you had with anyone connected with the situation---ammo for you---and let him know you will also be sueing for all your legal costs too, in your demands.

More likely than not, you'll see the bill paid very quickly.

He should cough up for the repairs, and your attorney fees, far less than the court expenses, and possible legal fees incurred for himself.

Good Luck-----make SURE you do your HOMEWORK--its vital!

Old 02-13-2010, 11:42 AM
tuned93
Record Breaker

i just wrote up this long slanderous post about how much i am pissed for you, and how i hate beaners and imbred rednecks who do cunstruction and painting. BUT my computer froze, which pissed me off even more!!! haha so i will spare you the details, but basically i would either A) do what "Gone Fishin" said.. or B) go up to the job or their office and key all their cars and trucks! haha f*ckers!

Quick Reply: So pissed off