3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

used tuner??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Animal Mother
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeHemi
You can also pay superchips to unlock for $100. You hook the unit to your computer and it downloads the unlocking tool.
^100 bucks

Old 04-09-2010, 06:04 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup. After you get your tuner, make sure you plug it into your computer first before you load a tune to your truck and allow the superchips to update itself through the update software found here. After it is finished updating and your tuner is vin locked, you will be presented with the option to buy and download an unlocker tool for the tuner that costs $100. This is what the option will look like on your screen.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:34 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

For others out there.....

I believe Diablo charges $125. There is a screen that would show that the tuner is unlocked. Not those exact words per say, but there is a screen that shows ready to installtune or something??I forgot, but even if you were to get a pic of that....Owner could just re-tune his vehicle before shipping it to you.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:39 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

draco just so you know.... i went thru this with a guy and i used paypal it took me 2 mths to get my money back and they wanted me to ship the item back but the kicker is it was stolen from up north and s/c wanted it back so i sent it back to s/c and had them help me out get the money back thru paypal....and ill tell you i had to stay on top of paypal to get my money back it was like a job all in its own....and when you plug the tuner into the vehicle it will tell you locked to another vehicle....cause i was told it was unlocked too.....

Old 04-09-2010, 07:49 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jusjay727
draco just so you know.... i went thru this with a guy and i used paypal it took me 2 mths to get my money back and they wanted me to ship the item back but the kicker is it was stolen from up north and s/c wanted it back so i sent it back to s/c and had them help me out get the money back thru paypal....and ill tell you i had to stay on top of paypal to get my money back it was like a job all in its own....and when you plug the tuner into the vehicle it will tell you locked to another vehicle....cause i was told it was unlocked too.....

Even if you do get your claim filed in your favor doesn't mean you will get your money. I had a guy rip me off for $50 for a Maf sensor one time and I never recieved my money back. Claim is still on file with paypal as approved but pending payment. If he never uses that paypal account, then i won't ever get my money.
So, it's not a back-up'd sale any way you look at it.

At any rate...Draco, you get a tuner yet?

Old 04-09-2010, 08:15 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

yeah dirty it wasnt like that at all they put a lock on his bank account immediately and i had to stay on top of it cause i got emails stating that if i didnt react it would void my claim...maybe my situation was a lil diff but i know what went wrong and the guy refused to pay me until he got it back and i wasnt budging and i had multiple calls and emails going through this...it sucked to be honest but hey they held up to the buyer protection....

Old 04-09-2010, 09:47 PM
draco8494
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nope haven't gotten one yet, haven't run across any good deals..i think im just gonna buy one new...

Old 04-09-2010, 10:21 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I have my DSP U7137 for sale right now. It is in the classifieds section and almost everyone here can speak for me as a trusted seller.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:23 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

that is true weeds a good man...i havent personally bought from him but ive seen him buy and sell a ton of stuff....very honest and lends a hand....shipping on that would only be a day or two after he ships....

Quick Reply: used tuner??