3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone running Airaid...and a Bully Dog GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Mcgill2634
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running Airaid...and a Bully Dog GT

Just ordered a Airaid intake, Airaid throttle body spacer, as well as a Bully Dog GT tuner. Interested to see the difference....Anyone running this setup. Also started to de-badge the truck, I tend to like a cleaner look.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

I would strongly suggest canceling the order on the Throttle Body spacer, you won't see any gains whatsoever and the person that told you it would help need to have it thrown at him. I would personally cancel the Bullydog order as well, most guys here run either the Superchips or Diablo Sport and seem to have the most results with one of those two.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:49 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have heard pretty good things about the bully dog, but I have heard better from Superchips. Let us know how you like them working together?

Old 03-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Mcgill2634

Originally Posted by Shiloh 24
I would strongly suggest canceling the order on the Throttle Body spacer, you won't see any gains whatsoever and the person that told you it would help need to have it thrown at him. I would personally cancel the Bullydog order as well, most guys here run either the Superchips or Diablo Sport and seem to have the most results with one of those two.
I have a good buddy that used the spacer...he didn’t notice a thing until he hooked his trailer to the truck....gets about 2 mpg more towing....we will see I guess. As for the Bully dog....I was getting frustrated when researching it, seems you can fins an article or thread on every tuner on the market and everyone has there two bits. I went with the bully dog more for the gauges then anything since I use the truck to tow.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the bullydog GT, im loving it so far, i got it 50% off so i cant complain. The only thing that i am working on now is WOT shift points. So far I like it

Old 03-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Flying Mullet
Rookie

I run that setup but with superchips and must say that I am very surprised with the towing MPG's that I get, a lot better than I expected for only having a 4.7 and towing over 6000 pounds, sometimes more. I know, I know, TB space is a paper weight.... Blah blah blah. At the time I got my CAI it was part of the deal so why not try it out especially when gas was over $4 last year. If I upgrade my TB I will probably ditch it but not sure when that will be so it stays on for now.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Mcgill2634

thanks for the response....have to ask, you have "power wire" and "MDS light" .. What are they?

Old 03-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mcgill2634
thanks for the response....have to ask, you have "power wire" and "MDS light" .. What are they?
the power wire is just a home built wire that is connected to the IAT sensor, with a resistor in it. Just makes the ECU think that the incoming air is cooler than actual temperature. Helps improve MPG and adds a touch more HP. For a free install (for me) its worth it

And the MDS light is just a little led connected to the MDS solenoid , and lights up when MDS in engaged. Just helps me know when I am running on 4 cylinders instead of 8

Old 03-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Mcgill2634

So... Everything arrived and is installed. I have to say, there is a great improvement in the truck. Right now I average 3.2 mpg better city mileage then before, we will see how much a difference in the long run since I have only put two tanks of gas through it. There is also better power and a huge improvement in throttle response. So far some of the negative talkers were dead wrong. Ill post if things change and I have to eat crow.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Mcgill2634
So... Everything arrived and is installed. I have to say, there is a great improvement in the truck. Right now I average 3.2 mpg better city mileage then before, we will see how much a difference in the long run since I have only put two tanks of gas through it. There is also better power and a huge improvement in throttle response. So far some of the negative talkers were dead wrong. Ill post if things change and I have to eat crow.
I wasn't talking negative on anything except the spacer, I was simply saying that superchips and diablo are a thousand times more popular with our trucks and from things I have heard they produce the most gains. I will swear up and down that that throttle body spacer is not doing a damn thing for you. I have seen numerous dyno sheets showing absolutely no gains with one, it is possible to want to feel gains and make yourself think your actually gaining from it. I have seen it before, for example I have seen guys say "yea my cold air intake gave me about 60hp and gained a ton of throttle response and torque". That simply is not how it works, you will experience minor gains from such mods but nothing extremely noticeable if even noticeable at all.

Quick Reply: Anyone running Airaid...and a Bully Dog GT