3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I need Help, and Preferably a mech who is smart!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Joshua1282
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright apparently all this is is a bashing ring. Yes I have checked all that s$!t and it still runs low rpm. My gps is recal'd my plugs are gapped and brand new. My vacuum lines are good. I am getting fuel. My plugs are firing. And I rotated my motor and all the valves raise like they are suppose to. All you dicks have to say is is that you have no idea and that would be fine don't insult my intelligence with asking dumb questions. Everything is working as it should but my truck is running low rpm. Serious possibilities only please.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:06 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshua1282
Alright apparently all this is is a bashing ring. Yes I have checked all that s$!t and it still runs low rpm. My gps is recal'd my plugs are gapped and brand new. My vacuum lines are good. I am getting fuel. My plugs are firing. And I rotated my motor and all the valves raise like they are suppose to. All you dicks have to say is is that you have no idea and that would be fine don't insult my intelligence with asking dumb questions. Everything is working as it should but my truck is running low rpm. Serious possibilities only please.
With an attitude like that, you can go elswhere for answers. Everyone here is only trying to help. i dunno where you think anyone is trying to be a dick? No one is bashing your intelligence. In fact, you have just bashed others intelligence.

If you ask questions, people will answer whether it's what you need to hear or not, they are only trying to help.

You never even answered my question as to why the headgaskets wre replaced in the first place. You never stated there was any leaking going on or anything other than you just changed them cuz that's where you thought your problem was. I was trying to bring about that maybe you didn't need headgaskets OR you have another isolated problem.

Last edited by dirtydog; 03-07-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-07-2010, 05:38 PM
HouseApe
Professional

No need for your comments like that. We are trying to help you...Lets start from the beginning again

A couple months ago, I was driving to work and I heard a pop and then a loud hissing; it sounded like the bleeder valve on an air compressor. I thought that It was my headgaskets. So I replaced them as well as all the top end gaskets.
Ive been a mechanic for over 20 years. From your inatinal description I dont think you actualy had a headgasket problem. I asked if you actualy found a failed gasket but no answer.

I reinstalled everything the specs. Torque and all. When I tried to start it, it took me a about a day for it to turn over and fire. When it finally did, it was acting like it was misfiring and turning at about 400 rpms and whenever I gave it gas it would raise rpms but not by much.
Anyways after I changed my plugs and tried to start it again, all it does is turn over and start, then backfire and die.
I think you have a problem with compression. Most likely a pluged exahust or a problem with the valve train. If the engine cant breath it will not rev.

Since you cant do the compression test try running with the exahust unhooked from the manafolds will it rev up now ?

Old 03-07-2010, 08:11 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Ok, who bashed you????? Your TPS is recalibrated? People are TRYING to help you man. That's what this is about, guys throw out ideas and if you've already done it or fixed that then you can slowly single things out. Without having the truck in someone's driveway and see what the problem is, it's hard to tell you exactly what's wrong.

Also, if you want to call people on here d!cks for not being able to pinpoint your problem in just a few posts you can go else where and figure it out yourself. No one insulted your intelligence, they were just throwing ideas at you. Maybe you're mechanical work is not to par since it was working fine before you "fixed" your head gaskets.

Quick Reply: I need Help, and Preferably a mech who is smart!!!