3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Am I just being picky? *long*

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 06:08 AM
RawRam2006
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too am having this problem. Finished my 4/6 drop last month. I go to NTB (National Tire and Battery) to get an alignment, and when it was done my steering wheel is cocked to the left. I'm thinking about having them fix it. Hopefully they can do that without charging me another alignment fee. Because of my drop it costed me $140, just for my alignment. LOL!

Old 03-03-2010, 06:21 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MoparRamMan
Tie rods just adjust the toe. I'm not a 100% positive but I don't think there is any adjustment for the rear of our trucks? Solid rear axle?
I agree, it is more of a check to see if there is any damage to the axle and/or suspension. Here in the Philippines the larger vehicles often kick the rear axle so the rear tracks slightly toward the roads shoulder. This way if the driver can get his left fender pass an oncoming vehicle more than likely the rear will also slip through. Folks standing along the road just have to get out of the way. Driving here is a contact sport.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:37 AM
bigdaddyII
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They did put the laser thingamajigs on the back tires as well but didnt do anything to the rear of the truck.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:59 PM
bigdaddyII
Captain

FIXED GOTDARNIT!!!
I marked the tie rods horizontalally using a paint marker. I drew a line from the tie rod end, through the nut and on to the adjusting sleeve. Than I drew a vertical line on the threads marking where the sleeve sat originally.

One complete turn forward on the passenger side and one turn backward on the drivers side straightened it up nicely. Imagine that! And to think, I never went to school, dont have a rack..........nothing!

Old 03-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by bigdaddyII
Imagine that! And to think, I never went to school, dont have a rack..........nothing!
My wife's got a rack, maybe she could have helped ya.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:24 PM
big guy
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdaddyII
FIXED GOTDARNIT!!!
I marked the tie rods horizontalally using a paint marker. I drew a line from the tie rod end, through the nut and on to the adjusting sleeve. Than I drew a vertical line on the threads marking where the sleeve sat originally.

One complete turn forward on the passenger side and one turn backward on the drivers side straightened it up nicely. Imagine that! And to think, I never went to school, dont have a rack..........nothing!
Great!!! Now just keep an eye on those tires for abnormal tire wear!
Good Luck.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:45 PM
bigdaddyII
Captain

My wife has a rack as well, but wouldnt let me use it lol. I will keep an eye on the tires big guy. I turned both sleeves the same amount so it shouldnt have messed with anything. The truck drives just as it did before just with the steering wheel where it tickles my fancy. If my tires do wear I will take it in to the last place that did it and have them do it under warranty.

Quick Reply: Am I just being picky? *long*