3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

PML Trans Pan Painted (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 11:44 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
If you towed a lot, the $400 and change investment would be chump change compared to the cost that overheated tranny and diff fluid could end up costing you. Both of these products have been tested to significantly lower the operating temperatures by virtue of adding fluid capacity and their heat dissipation capabilities...

precisely, with all that has gone into my tranny and diff so far, its just a little step im taking to keep them in there, and working correctly

Old 03-08-2010, 10:29 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OlDirtyJohn
I painted my new PML Trans Pan. Heres the pics. will be painting the whole tranny when it comes in. similar to this. the materials i used were:

6 - beers
1 - mad dog 20/20
1 - can of dupli color engine primer
1 - can of dupli color base coat
1 - can of dupli color clear coat
1 - shot of tequila
and 1 - belt sander

i cleaned it all up with a lint free cloth and alcohol, then did 3 coats of primer. 4 thin coats of color, and 3 coats of clear. booze were mixed in between all of that. i painted the whole thing red, then used the belt sander to take the paint off the top of the fins, then clear coated it all

enjot
why would you do that to yourself?

Old 03-08-2010, 01:46 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Damn John, I missed that in your initial post! You would be the first non-juvenile I ever knew who drank that sh*t, other than the occasional homeless bum who also drinks Sterno thru a handkerchief to get his alcohol fix!!!

Old 03-08-2010, 02:36 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

he coulda poured the Mad Dog on the pan and used the sander on his face, results would end up being the same

Old 03-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Matt99
Champion

Hey, for us college guys you have to go cheap. It takes a case of beer to get to feeling good, but 10 bucks worth of FourLoco or MD20/20 gets you good

Old 03-08-2010, 07:40 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job man ...yuck md blahhhhh

Old 03-08-2010, 08:24 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha yeah, i dont normally drink that chit. a while back one of my neighbors gave me a few bottles of it as a gag gift. me and a buddy were hanging out at my place that night drinking beers, and 6 into it, my keg ran out. (its hard to keep track of something that gets you drunk) we werent gonna drive anywhere to get more beer, and were just plain too lazy to walk. so one thing led to another, and a lot of "ill drink one if you drink one" went back and forth. and we both drank a bottle each. and it was the 18% red wine grape flavor, not one of those pu$$y a$$ 13% flavors. we are saving the blue flavored one with the "Bling Bling" on the label for a real special occasion. to make matters worse, they were in my cupboard, so we drank em warm.

Quick Reply: PML Trans Pan Painted (Pics)