3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Aero Turbine 3030 installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 03:00 AM
ArkHemi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Duroc, I couldn't prove it but I would swear that mine got a little louder after a few months.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Duroc
Professional

Originally Posted by ArkHemi
Duroc, I couldn't prove it but I would swear that mine got a little louder after a few months.
Hmm, maybe blows some packing out of the resonator? Did yours come with a front and rear resonator? And if there is one in the front, did you have that removed?

I didn't realize on my stock system there were two cats, a pretty crappy looking "y" and then I guess it goes into a resonator in front of the muffler. Did I need to get rid of a resonator in the front?

Old 03-13-2010, 05:35 AM
ArkHemi
Professional

Not sure if my truck has two resonators or one but all I had them do was cut out the stock muffler and put the 3030XL in it's place and left everything else as it was.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:49 AM
Duroc
Professional

Ya on this '07 there are 2 resonators. I am going to get one chopped off on my next day off. At WOT it sounds good now but it is definately still pretty quiet most of the time and at idle when warmed up it is nearly silent.

Question is which res to delete. The front one is bigger than some mufflers I've had so I'd like to see it go but after some post searching some people recommend losing the rear res and keeping the front one. Seems like the best sound would be from the cats to the 3030 then res. I am sure I would love it with no res and just the 3030 dumped but not ready for that level of sound yet.

Any recomendations?

Old 03-16-2010, 01:13 AM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My o6 had a cat for the front res. lol according too the shop g my cat back is the cats *** no pun intended I'm happy for you hopr it works out nice sound reminds me of my fm 50 with no rear res on board.

Quick Reply: Aero Turbine 3030 installed