3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Update on Sharadon Tranny (again)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:29 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Update on Sharadon Tranny (again)

Not a good update im afraid. I guess the guys down at sharadon have had some stuff going on. so much so that they cant ship my tranny out till this wednesday! aarrggh, i hate waiting. i thought i was gonna have this thing installed by this time.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Albertaramfan
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like these guys are starting to earn a bad rep...

Old 03-08-2010, 09:12 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker

yeah... i'm not liking this. i HATE it when people tell me something is going to ship out, and then it doesnt. i dont care how busy they are, you pay $2500 for a trans, they can work an extra hour to get the thing in a box and on the truck...

Old 03-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It took four weeks for my tranny valve body to arrive from them, it just arrived today.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker

yeah, this is aggrevating, but i wouldnt say it should start giving anyone a bad rep. im sure there are probably other ways it could have been handled, but this is how its going down, so i gotta just roll with the punches.

it was originally suppossed to ship out last monday. when i called him he said the pump they were gonna use wasnt working right, so he was waiting for another to come in and it would ship wednesday. i gave him the benefit of the doubt and didnt call till friday for a tracking #. he said it hadnt shipped out yet, and it was already too late in the afternoon for it to go out that day. he said call back monday and ill have a tracking # for you. so monday comes (today) and i get a call from them. i guess his grandmother just passed away this weekend (my condolenses) and he has to travel to attend the service tomorrow. and dealing with that got him too wrapped up to ship the tranny today. Now, that is a crummy situation, and i totally understand. and at least he gave me a call to let me know whats going on. i definitely appreciate that.

when he called me, he was on his way out of the shop to start traveling. so one guy was going to be left there at the shop. they dont have a fork lift. so if the delivery truck showed up, and the driver didnt feel like helping him load the tranny onto the truck (which the driver doesnt HAVE to) the delivery guy would leave without it, and still charge them a fee for showing up. (chitty delivery company if you ask me) he didnt want to take that gamble and get stuck with a pointless fee. and with the economy the way it is, i really cant blame him. so now it is shipping out wednesday. it should hopefully take 3-4 days to arrive. but the bad part of that is, i will be on my 72 hour shift at work. so wont get to install it till next week!

sorry for the long rant guys. just had to tell someone what is going on. im not upset at the guys there at sharadon. i understand that stuff comes up sometimes. i am just getting really impatient with this whole thing cuz im still stuck without my truck. and who knows, maybe they will feel bad that i am having to wait so long, and upgrade me to rush delivery or something. hell, even a t-shirt or some stickers would be nice.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:03 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah that sucks. Hopefully your DSP wont kill the new trans like the past couple he's worked on. Haha, +1 on those stickers though!

Old 03-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris

You've had a bad run of luck with transmissions, but credit where credit is due, you are taking it like man, and a damn sight better than most would in your situation.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:14 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker

hhhmmm, maybe i should start looking into a superchips. been thinking about it for a while now. DSP kinda pissed me off with the lack of updates. and thanks Pyro.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:24 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After I saw what the DSP did to that last trans sharadon tore apart def got me feeling safer knowing I cant personally eff anything up too bad with the SC. May not have the control that the DSP has, but its a peace of mind.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:26 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by JoeHemi
After I saw what the DSP did to that last trans sharadon tore apart def got me feeling safer knowing I cant personally eff anything up too bad with the SC. May not have the control that the DSP has, but its a peace of mind.

you got a link to that? i wanna check it out.

Quick Reply: Update on Sharadon Tranny (again)