3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Look what $300 got me

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on man, what kind of guy does a header thread without a sound clip

Old 03-12-2010, 06:15 PM
BlakeCP29
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it throwing a code for no cats? like a faulty o2 sensor or anything? a friend removed his cats and got a code i believe

Old 03-12-2010, 06:37 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice weed!!

Old 03-12-2010, 07:33 PM
4matty3
Captain

weeds the man

Old 03-12-2010, 07:52 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I canthink of someone....

Looks great weed, how was the drive to the shop with the open headers?

Also be sure you watch your wideband and your KR with those on there. So far to get 0 KR and a nice 11.9 A/F at WOT I've had to add +7% in the lower rpm range, +2% in the mid rpm range and +2% in the high rpm range. But then again with that cam you got there and your tune you're probably alread running a little richer than what you would stock "ish". At least now you'll be able to take full advantage of your cam. I'd be willing to bet that its pulling a good bit harder than it was through the stockers

Old 03-12-2010, 08:36 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by truckin151
I canthink of someone....

Looks great weed, how was the drive to the shop with the open headers?

Also be sure you watch your wideband and your KR with those on there. So far to get 0 KR and a nice 11.9 A/F at WOT I've had to add +7% in the lower rpm range, +2% in the mid rpm range and +2% in the high rpm range. But then again with that cam you got there and your tune you're probably alread running a little richer than what you would stock "ish". At least now you'll be able to take full advantage of your cam. I'd be willing to bet that its pulling a good bit harder than it was through the stockers
OMG!!! It was almost embarrassing!! It was SO LOUD!!!! The entire bottom of the truck seemed like it was vibrating from the noise. I tried to baby it but it really didnt help.

Im trying to get all my AFR gear connected tomorrow or Sun.

Originally Posted by cheapbeater
um... no sound clip? WTF??

looks good... can wait to HEAR it
Originally Posted by dirtydog
Looks nice but your lacking the sound clip. can't go postin up about an exhaust without a video clip my friend. Can't wait to hear it
Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Sorry guys. I know you want one but its been raining for the past two days. Tomorrow is supposed to be dry so I will see if I can get you some

When I was doing my lift I found by brake pads are gone. So they have to get replaced tomorrow. The LC-1 and OT-1 have to get put in still. Ive got to finish the brackets for the nerfs and I still need to change my blocks in the rear. Ive got a lot to do this weekend.

Originally Posted by BlakeCP29
is it throwing a code for no cats? like a faulty o2 sensor or anything? a friend removed his cats and got a code i believe
I do have a CEL but thats also because I havent put in my non-foulers yet. Thats another thing on the "to-do" list.

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
he did the longtubes install himself then drove it with open headers to the exhaust shop to have the fab up the piping. Good luck finding someone to install all that including headers for only $300 lol
^^^ Thats right. I do all my own work. I even made my own o2 bungs from SS at work.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:26 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

LOL!!!! Thats great, when I fired up mine with just the headers it was just stupid loud, I cold only imagine driving it around like that. I'm going to bet though that your cutouts will probably give you a similar tone though....

Old 03-12-2010, 09:46 PM
04_ramslt
Professional

the exhaust looks great weed. what size piping did you use?? 3in?

Old 03-13-2010, 08:01 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I used 2.5 andTruckin you are right. I got my valves wired last night and when i opened them i was like OMG!! I fely so ghetto and redneckish at the same time. Ive got to let my wife drive it though so i can hear how it sounds.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:55 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Great... cant wait for the sound clips. Its gotta sound just beastly right now. If you add your cats back in it should tone it down and clean up the sound a little better though