3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Roll Pan Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 10:44 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jusjay727
Nice teach looks good I would have already gone this route but I don't wanna go thru the hassle of hidden hitch.... And all this speculation coming from a guy who has blacked out a truck then reversed it and tried fifty diff mufflers... If y'all can't see me I'm just shaking my head....
I am glad someone else said this, I have a hole in my tongue!

Old 03-21-2010, 12:59 AM
Michael0077
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn there is alot of haters on people who don't have hitches .....

i personally don't like the look of the pan ... makes the rear end look funny

Old 03-21-2010, 01:07 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SMKNRAM
I am glad someone else said this, I have a hole in my tongue!
x2 i was just holding my tongue as well

Old 03-21-2010, 05:33 AM
rocket23
Champion

X3 Thats all I got.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:05 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Looks good Teach! And I just want to say one thing: Who the hell cares if he removes his hitch? It is his truck and he can do what he wants. This thread turned into a 'who has a hitch and who doesn't have a hitch' thread. You guys get caught up on wierd stuff.....jeez.......

BTW, Teach....some better pics are in order.....c'mon man! LOL

Old 03-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Who would gave thought tht this would have turned into a hitch vs no hitch debate.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:22 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Perhaps there are a few members that suffer from napoleon complex of some sort; they get awfully sensitive around criticism regarding their truck. I threw in my opinion about having or not having a hitch; is that such a big deal? That doesn't mean I think Teach's rollpan looks bad, in fact, I have already stated I think it looks quite nice. If the day has come where forum members can't express their own personal preferances in a thread then I think some people may need to reevaluate what the purpose of a forum is for. Unlike some, I don't mind getting picked on. Jusjay, I personally find it humorous myself how many times I've swapped out mufflers, and I think it's okay that I'm poked fun at for that. But as far as changing over from black to stock, that's all subjective; there's no right or wrong way to go with that. The fact is, most people find the look of a factory looking truck more appealing than a blacked out truck. Only a very select crowd of people have an appreciation for the blacked out look. Personally, I like the look of a blacked out ride (if it's done right) or a nice shiny off the showroom looking truck too. I really would hope people wouldn't get so touchy over minor comments, it's why the hitch debate consumed teach's thread, because people took it way too personal. Teach, the rollpan looks good, and I'm eager to see more photos.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Michael0077
Veteran

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi
Perhaps there are a few members that suffer from napoleon complex of some sort; they get awfully sensitive around criticism regarding their truck. I threw in my opinion about having or not having a hitch; is that such a big deal? That doesn't mean I think Teach's rollpan looks bad, in fact, I have already stated I think it looks quite nice. If the day has come where forum members can't express their own personal preferances in a thread then I think some people may need to reevaluate what the purpose of a forum is for. Unlike some, I don't mind getting picked on. Jusjay, I personally find it humorous myself how many times I've swapped out mufflers, and I think it's okay that I'm poked fun at for that. But as far as changing over from black to stock, that's all subjective; there's no right or wrong way to go with that. The fact is, most people find the look of a factory looking truck more appealing than a blacked out truck. Only a very select crowd of people have an appreciation for the blacked out look. Personally, I like the look of a blacked out ride (if it's done right) or a nice shiny off the showroom looking truck too. I really would hope people wouldn't get so touchy over minor comments, it's why the hitch debate consumed teach's thread, because people took it way too personal. Teach, the rollpan looks good, and I'm eager to see more photos.
i don't think anyone here is opposed to any sort of criticism, as long as the criticism is civil. you articulated yourself as bein angry that people could possibly have trucks without hitches, and i believe at one point you actually said that having a truck is pointless unless you tow something. i think thats what people got sensititve about ...

Old 03-21-2010, 06:42 PM
00dakSport
All Star

yea that roll pan looks sweet. you could probaly fit a hitch under their, if not for towing then to protect ur as*. you don't want a civic takin out ur axle. lol

i got a hitch on my dak and a little trailer for bikes.
after a big storm i had to take down like 6 trees and the trailer made for less trips to the dumps. does every truck need a hitch no, but it can be usefull if ony once a year.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

The stock hitch can not fit back there, but I have been thinking about welding a bar in behind the pan so I can have the looks of the pan but with a little added protection to the rear. Might do it next weekend if the weather is nice.

Quick Reply: Roll Pan Installed