3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Here is the "end" result!!

Old 03-20-2010, 08:32 PM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Rocket, if you want a roll pan, just put one on. You didn't have ding the bumber! lol
I'll tell you what If I had a rollpan I would be in far worse shape than I am now!
I will not even consider such a mod until I owe nothing on this truck. Please allow me to tell you why. b/c 1.there are way too many absolute a$$holes on the road too basically trust not plowing into your back end.
2.that mod perticually offers absolutely no protection for your tailgate which mine is in stellar shape btw!
3. If i'm gonna throw three hundred bills at the truck /it's gonna be in a tune up sp plgs/fluids tranny flush everything that should of been done but hasn't. since it has 52k on it and if I owned at 30 k I would of but it hasn't been done near as I can figure.
4.and you guys aren't gonna like this part...roll pans are a japanese idea that is as dumb as they come I saw them first on their vehicles not ours imo.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:41 PM
OICUDRIVE12
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont like talking about dings and dents mainly I just sent my Fiance' to get me a 12pk. from the store!!

O plz watch the road and curbs!

Old 03-20-2010, 09:11 PM
rocket23
Champion
Cool

Originally Posted by OICUDRIVE12
I dont like talking about dings and dents mainly I just sent my Fiance' to get me a 12pk. from the store!!

O plz watch the road and curbs!
can i use her when your done?? lol thats agood women I get it thanks

Old 03-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rocket23
4.and you guys aren't gonna like this part...roll pans are a japanese idea that is as dumb as they come I saw them first on their vehicles not ours imo.
Your point? I'm sure your cell phone was made by the Japanese yet you still use it. Who cares where it came from. They make the truck look a lot cleaner and flow better with the lines.

Just for the record Chevy has been using roll pans for decades.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:10 AM
RamGentry13
Veteran

if the truck is meant to be big and baddass then throw a bumper on. If the truck is meant to look low and sleek, throw a roll pan on. if its in between and your a clutz, throw a bumper on

Old 03-21-2010, 05:39 AM
rocket23
Champion

Originally Posted by RamGentry13
if the truck is meant to be big and baddass then throw a bumper on. If the truck is meant to look low and sleek, throw a roll pan on. if its in between and your a clutz, throw a bumper on
i'm sorry this is partly my fault but this thread is between my truck and my ahem driving skill and maybe someone elses misfortune they would like too share not a debate over roll pans or bumpers (witch I pretty much f$#ked up on my own) my apologies.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I know where you can find a bumper that is a perfect match for that one

Old 03-21-2010, 11:24 AM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I know where you can find a bumper that is a perfect match for that one
That thought crossed my mind already Teach!!! But if I had a shiny new bumper I would have to start being really careful......then I would want to get the tailgate fixed, and then.......it would cost me WAY to much money!!

Old 03-21-2010, 11:57 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

sh!tty about the bumper. it doesnt matter what you post someone will have an objection. you opinions are yours. i personally love the roll pan look and will hopefully be installing mine soon. 8" of snow here this week yea oklahoma. if you were closer i would hook you up on mine for a good deal. are you doing a oem replacement or a beefed up one? i didnt know the japanese even drove trucks

Old 03-21-2010, 02:51 PM
rocket23
Champion

ha ha ha okla your rite but I can get too okie in the summer "Road trip" teach let me know are you close too Ct. I dunno where your at??? It's all good looking for aftermarket No rust issues....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Here is the "end" result!!