3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

seat cleaning???

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 11:32 AM
hemi slappin
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat cleaning???

ok so when i first purchased this truck a year and a half ago from an auction everything was nice looking and smelled a little like smoke but i got that sent out.. anyway i hate the seats in my truck, the type of material that they are made out of collects anything and leaves horrible stains no matter how much i try and take care of them they dont go away... i am very **** about the inside of my truck and not having the seats look clean aggrevates the hell out of me.. i have you used upholstry cleaner, carpet cleaner, water, soap and water etc. etc. anyone have any tips or ideas or good advice that will get my damn seats clean if so please tell me thanks

Old 03-30-2010, 11:48 AM
jroy
Professional

Get some seat covers, I heard the seats where the biggest PITA to clean so I got some covers and they work great.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:38 PM
hemi slappin
Professional

i have seat covers for the front seats.. but not for the back.. idk where to find good ones that are at a decent price..

Old 03-30-2010, 05:02 PM
new2this
Professional

cabelas.com has a huge selection of them. custom made to fit your seat specs. might set you back 175 ish but well worth it. my buddies have them and they fit like a glove. not loose and annoying

Old 03-30-2010, 05:45 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

There's actually a DIY for seat cleaning in the 3rd Gen FAQ section....I'll see if I can't dig it up for ya

Yup..https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...e-peddler.html

There ya go. I didn't really go through it, you might have done everything it says to do. I just remember seeing it, so I thought I'd throw it out there. My line of work calls for me getting dirty as hell, so keeping my seats clean is kind of 'pointless', or impossible rather... Good luck!

Last edited by 4.7Ram5.7Rango; 03-30-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:58 PM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use fantastic once a week with my cloth seats I work with dirt and mine stays clean hands and backside are dirt spreaders if your not careful'.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:34 PM
haulinhemi06
Rookie

Yeah the seats are my only compaint about my truck. It was a bad day for Dodge when they started putting in the Yes Essensials fabric. I even get stains if i spill water. Cabelas does have some good stuff. They carry Coverking and Saddleman. From what ive heard, 2 pretty good brands.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:41 PM
matthewbeard
Veteran

I have a small steam carpet cleaner (wand style) that combined with commercial grade carpet cleaner condensed and it works great for getting the mud and dirt out of the seats and carpet from my hunting trips. I also bought some cheap seat covers for hunting season that can be replaced when they get destroyed.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:07 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya know what works great simple green and upholstery shampooer....just go light on the simple green and let it set up for about 5 mins....btw i still got them subs if ya interested.....

Old 03-31-2010, 10:20 PM
sbsga
Professional

call your local carpet cleaner. i do it for a living. i do my own about every three months cause its free for me. they will be able to do much more for your seats and carpet than you would ever imagine, no electric steam cleaner will touch the effectiveness of a pro system, (probably why they cost 20,000) the guy will know what he is doing and it will cost probably between 60 and 100 but make sure they are IICRC certified, the guys who arent just have a machine(doesnt mean they know what they are doing). try a family owned company, stanley steemer and servpro will charge an arm and a leg, and also make sure they pre-spray it with a professional upholstery cleaner, it will just need about 3 hours to dry if they do it right, also they can apply scotchguard or another stain protector which will allow you to get coffee, kool-aid, soda, pretty much anything out if you get to it within a couple minutes. i promise you nothing will achieve a better result, home steam cleaning gets or useless compared to a 20 horsepower machine, and the machines at the car washes are crappy too, they use too much water and the water usually doesnt get hot, soil does not start to suspend out of fabric till the water reaches 180 degrees

Last edited by sbsga; 03-31-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Quick Reply: seat cleaning???