3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Looking for a BallPark Price for a New Ram QC 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Surfcali365
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a BallPark Price for a New Ram QC 4x4

I was wondering any ball park figures for a 3 year lease "ballon finance". On a Hemi QC 4x4 with im guess a SLT model with leather,tow, and apperance package "all the chrome.
I just wanted to know a monthly payment that i will be looking at figured id ask the fourm to know what im getting into when i go into the dealership.
Im looking for no more than a $400 a month payment is it possible?

thanks guys

Old 05-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Surfcali365
Default RE: Looking for a BallPark Price for a New Ram QC 4x4

any1?

Old 05-04-2005, 01:20 AM
albertschmitz
Amateur

Just leased an o5 in Iowa 39800 sticker 2500 out of posket for just under $300 3year 12k per year lease.

Old 05-04-2005, 01:50 AM
cowboy133

call Dave Smith in Kellogg ID. The cheapest price on Ram's you will find. They sell ram's all over the country. Check out their web site. www.davesmith.com or usautosales.com

Old 05-05-2005, 06:16 PM
gsxr150
Rookie

Albert, can you sent me the details of your lease?

Old 05-05-2005, 06:36 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Surfcali365. Financing depends on many factors. Credit ia probably the biggest determining factor of monthy payment (besides vehicle). Also is downpayment. The more you put down, the less it is. Plus you pay interest on financed amount. The more you put down the less you pay for payment due to interest accrual. Under 400 is reasonably possible, but it depends on many external factors, not just price. Leases is another ballgame. You must factor in depreciation. This is why payments on leases are so cheap, you only pay for depreciation. Just remember your insurance goes up with leases. Check with them to see how much. If you plan on keeping it a while perhaps a low interest 60-72mo finance will be better. I like knowing the money I am spending every month is towards a goal and not anothe payment at the end of 3 years. If you do lease watch the fine print on mileage and what normal wear and tear is, especially with stains, rips, tears on the inside and dents, dings, scratches on the outside. Good luck!

Old 05-05-2005, 11:44 PM
agfazio

I bought a used 2005 4x4 QC Hemi Laramie with 8388 miles on it for 25500 out the door. My payments are 430 for 72 months and I will own it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10754/DCC2E6DCEF574E8FBA8ACEE4A797D63B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/10754/C82927DB0CD441129D37EBEDE66DA3A0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-06-2005, 12:31 AM
sumncguy
Veteran

... just my 2 cents

http://money.cnn.com/2003/11/24/pf/autos/invoice_price/
http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car4.htm

Everyone has there methods.

Ive bought a few. Just never liked to lease. My method is to play a few dealers against one another. In the case of DC, I narrow the truck down that I want and find similar, if not identical, trucks that are located at two of their 5 star dealers. Make the salesmen realize that your talking to another 5 star dealer. Just get a few business cards, make them visible while shuffling through your papers... While your talking to a guy at one dealer, invite him to search for the truck online at the other dealer. LIE. Just like they do. If dealer 1 tells you xyz, you tell dealer two abc (in your favor ofcourse) and vice versa. Then go home and wait for a few days. GOING HOME IS HE MOST IMPORTANT PART ! <= Not yelling, just trying to make a point. In a day or two you will hear from both of those salesmen.

I never talk trade until you settle on the final amount of the new vehicle.
I never talk about payment until you settle on the amount of the new vehicle.
I never talk about payment in terms of this or that much per month.

Salesmen know you know this. After each of his/her questions I count to ten, think, then answer.... Get alot of cutesy comments about that ... but tough s..t ... if I dont look out for my money who is ? Whne they push, I say "Dont put the cart before the horse." If they continue, I say "Do you want to talk about the sale of this vehicle or not ?" My Long Island accent helps alot.

True that credit score has alot to do with it. In NC (no not a typo moved to NC ten years ago) they use the beacon system. Mine was 711 which isnt bad. It helps if you know what yours is before you go in. 600-675 isnt bad. Anything below a 600 may cause some financing issues. Not that you wont get financed. You will, most likely at a higher rate. It also helps alot if your already pre approved. Maybe at your Credit Union. I always get preapproved at the my credit union and play this card when I go back to talk to the money guy. Nine out of ten times they come up with something better as far as interest rates go. I think my credit union was at 6 and they got me 5 at a local bank. Actually, Im looking now ... it was 4.94 %. For some reason, Chrysler didnt want to take a 72 month notes at the time. I use 72 month because in every single case I have traded in my vehicles before I pay them off. Not that I have alot of money to blow, I kill em wiff mileage. Own this Ram since 3/6. Have 8100 miles on it already.

I got a 2005 1500 4X4 Thunderroad with gap insurance and a 5/100 Chrysler extended warranty for $35770.

Gap, License fees, doc fees, Ext Warranty, tax = $2285

So the truck cost me $33485. Base was 30,060. MSRP or now they call it Total Price $37,030.
Not too shabby. I tired to early with F...kin around with these guys. Should have tried to knock down the $398 doc fees. Probably could have worked the price down a bit more.

Optional Equip
Customer Preferred package 26g Includes
Light group
Quad Cab Thunder Road Value Group
Trailer Tow Group
Fold away power Trailer Tow mirrors
Hemi
5sp auto blah blah blah

I am a manager at a data communications company. March is bonus time. A friend of mine went in there tossing around his ten thousand dollar bonus and got robbed. He was quite pissed after he talked to me. He did get a truck similar to the one I bought. But it was a 4.7L with 3.55 gears with alot fewer options from the same dealer. He paid much more and a much higher interest rate with about the same credit score. Once he calmed down and we talked, I found out that he didnt even visit the Dodge site and do a build and Price. I hate to see anyone get screwed. But in my mine, purely from a financial stand point, He has no one to blame but himself.

Your one step up. At least your asking and looking
-- Good Luck ... dont let 'em git ya !!

Lemme know what kind of deal you work if you decide to purchase.

Old 05-06-2005, 03:38 AM
IrishRagE

Hey man,

I'm in NM here. I am good at getting deals too mind you, but I got my 4x4 QC Hemi Laramie for $29,000. Never take over invoice for the truck, and take the rebates on top of that. I also had them throw in an ultimate liner, splash uards, and hood protector. Good luck.

Matt

Sticker:39500......I had them throw out the "adjusted market value" BS, then invoice was about 34500...rebates brought it to 29000(I am military so I got an extra 500).

Old 05-06-2005, 11:50 AM
sumncguy
Veteran

Geez, gonna take you with me next time

Quick Reply: Looking for a BallPark Price for a New Ram QC 4x4