3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake Pads/Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 10:30 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's great, I'm going to buy that kit Monday. I can't believe how much cheaper it is to do itself yourself on this job. How can people possibly be charging $750+ across the board for a complete brake job if it's so easy?? Not only will it be $500 less doing it myself, the parts are all going to be infinitely better than the stock oem parts that the shops would be using; how does that work?? I'm excited to do this job, especially doing all of the calipers red, it's going to look sweet. The rotors are going to look awesome through the 20's with the red calipers

Old 04-04-2010, 10:34 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont forget to grease those pads with ceramic pad grease found at advance auot parts or your local ap store

Old 04-05-2010, 12:48 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Alright just bought the front and rear brake kit on ebay; I'm taking your guys' words that there a nice product. Can't wait to replace all the brakes with the kit and paint all the calipers red, it's going to look sweet for the summer time!

Old 05-16-2010, 10:55 AM
blacktop
Rookie

Originally Posted by weedahoe
No way on hell I would pay that much OP. Glad to see you arent either.

For all of those who say they are running these nice and costly pads, thats nice, but if I dont get a lifetime warranty on them to be replaced by a fresh set when I wear a set out then Im not buying them.

Ive got the AutoZone Cmax ceramics on mine and had them for over a year. They have been been great, a lot less dust, they were $60 for the front and rear and lifetime warranty. I just put my second set on the front a few weeks back

As for the rotors, if they can be turned this time, go ahead and do it but expect to replace them next pad change.

I also have the autozone c-max gold ceramic pads. If you have chrome clad(plastic) wheels then expect the brake dust to really put a punishing on how shiny they are. Very tough to clean now. I put these lifetime warranty pads on a year ago March and they are already worn out. Good thing for the lifetime warranty. If you have these pads make sure to check them as they may be more worn out than you think. I think I only got like 10k - 13k miles out of them. The stock pads had 3 times as many miles before needing to be replaced. The ceramics did grab a little better though.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Big_Wheel
Veteran

i paid 200 bucks for 2 front rotors, and a set of pads. installed my self in 30 minutes in my driveway. i believe the pad brand was monroe- Canadian tire have them on save all the time and Rotors, buy one get one half price
Btw They can only turn your rotors if they're with in spec... there is a minimun limit. and i've always replaced rotors and pads at the same time.. IMO just a personal reinsurance to me... also. Never ever just do 1 side. do either front or rear.. this is a big NO NO. IT will cause the truck to pull to one side and can be very dangerous!
i did mine with 125 k kms on it. got the truck at 80k so im not sure when the last time they were done or serviced.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also have rotors and pads from brake motive and they sure make my truck stop better, i have drilled and slotted on all 4 with ceramic brake pads by power stop

Old 05-16-2010, 01:11 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OklaHemi
here is a pic. i know i have posted it couple times in other threads but anyway

So much room inside that wheel, you need to fill it!

Old 05-16-2010, 02:13 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by blacktop
I also have the autozone c-max gold ceramic pads. If you have chrome clad(plastic) wheels then expect the brake dust to really put a punishing on how shiny they are. Very tough to clean now.
I guess it depends on how often you clean your rims because brake pads do have adhesives in them and that can stick to the rims and then the dust stick to that. I clean mine quite regularly anyway and have no issues cleaning them. Although I do wax my rims also

Quick Reply: Brake Pads/Rotors