3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wiring Delema

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 07:54 AM
RubberFrog
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shiloh 24
Well, I recently discovered that the wiring for my Hella's has been getting hot as hell. To be more specific the fuse gets hot as hell, when I installed them I was poppin fuses left and right and to test things I put a big honkin fuse in there to get it to work (dumb I know but o well hasn't burnt to the ground yet) Anywho, anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this. It's annoyin the crap outta me, I've tried all kinds of different grounds and whatnot and still does the same crap.
That is the most ghetto wiring setup I have ever seen. And it all stems from the attitude you have towards it. Fix it all. Correct grounds, correct wiring. You're doing it like a boy. Step up and do it like the man ramhunter wants you to be!

Old 04-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
That is the most ghetto wiring setup I have ever seen. And it all stems from the attitude you have towards it. Fix it all. Correct grounds, correct wiring. You're doing it like a boy. Step up and do it like the man ramhunter wants you to be!
LOL, the man has spoken! I'll try to live up to RH's expectations but after all I am Shiloh and technically I am a boy haha.

As for the grounds how are they too far away? They are right beside the lamps themselves?

Old 04-09-2010, 10:05 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

It's not the distance. It's the absurdly too big ring that is barely making contact with the screw/paint. Get a smaller ring terminal and/or a washer. Sand the paint so all of the ring makes contact. After you screw it down tight, put some clear over it so it doesn't rust up.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:07 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Wiring always ends up being one of those things where there's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it over again.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
Wiring always ends up being one of those things where there's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it over again.
damn aint that right....Shiloh you need to get some dielectric grease and dab it over that screw/eye. That stuff is a must when doing any wiring. Glad you got it fixed though, I had troubles with one of those setups you had at the beginning (tube fuse) and it was not keeping a good contact, actually melted the housing it was in. Its those Chinese parts

Old 04-09-2010, 10:40 AM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

Wiring anything is one of those things like many others that you should not be in a rush to do.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

I didn't update the pics, I sent one to Jay though. The metal had all the paint shaved off for about a quarter sized circle, and I got a big *** washer on it now so the whole eyelet has contact with bare *** metal

Old 04-09-2010, 01:33 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hemiguy0302
Wiring anything is one of those things like many others that you should not be in a rush to do.
i couldnt agree more...but when you are like frog said you just gotta go back and do it over....so why do it twice....

Quick Reply: Wiring Delema