3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tranny Update (Hopefully One of My Last)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 09:47 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tranny Update (Hopefully One of My Last)

Well guys, as some of you know, im still having the shuddering problem with my tranny. I just got back from Edge Racing where Andre drove around with me for a while, and helped me trouble shoot. He gave me a free Sonnax line pressure booster. The reason we tried that is because the Sonnax connector adds 15-30 psi, which is more than the 5-10 that the resistor mod added. It did help a little, but the shudder is still there. this tells us that there is an internal pressure problem. because each time i boost the pressure it gets a little better.

after driving around and talking for a bit, he had all the info he needed to pass along to Sharadon and a couple other top notch tranny builders he knows. he called up Sharadon, talked to both Denny and Jerry, and another tranny builder. they all said to change out the solenoid pack. Which Sharadon is sending to me free of charge. I dont know exactly what the solenoid pack's job is, but i know it has some pressure regulators in it. and that mine might be slightly faulty, and changing it out might fix my problem. Its not gonna be tough to swap out. its just right up on top of the valve body. and ive already got 7qts of fluid hanging out in my garage.

just as a refresher, and for some of the new readers. Andre is awesome! He is taking time out of his days to help me out with my tranny. And i didnt even get it from him. Since i bought a torque converter from him, he is just more than happy to help me out getting my truck running perfect. i have spent tons of time on the phone with him, and a couple times in person. He has been helping me diagnose my problem, and sending the info along to sharadon. All at no charge! it means more to sharadon coming from him, because he is a tranny expert, and knows what hes talking about. and to top it all off, as i was leaving today i asked him if i could buy another shirt from him (he gives you a free one with the purchase of a TC). he refused to sell me one. he then proceeded to go inside a grab a bag, inside was a shirt, some edge pens, like 5 stickers, and some business cards. AWESOME!

Even though I have been having this minor snag with my tranny, it has been a dream having Andre and the guys at sharadon helping me out. they have all been great to me, and are really treating me the right way. a HUGE thanks goes out to all 3 of them. this is by far the best customer service i have ever seen in my life.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Duroc
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to hear of good customer service in this day and age. Hope they get this all straightened out for you.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:08 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love these kinds of posts. giving credit where credit is due. thanks john

Quick Reply: Tranny Update (Hopefully One of My Last)