3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Will this work? Gauge content

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010 | 10:17 PM
caliboy@heart
|
Veteran

But the price is just so high on the AI!!

Old 04-17-2010 | 11:41 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

If you just want a trans temp gauge get the normal gauge, not an AI, and run it to your test port like in silverbullet's DIY and you'll be good. You dont have to go with the AI, only good point is that you can monitor alot more than just the trans temp and it takes all but 20min to install if that as it is simply plug and play.

The way I looked at it when I was looking into this gauge to go with my tq converter, was that I wanted a trans gauge with it and I wanted an coolant temp gauge, an A/F gauge and be able to monitor KR becauser of my cam. So thinking a head in order to get all those gauges I'd be spending close to $400-$500 and have a clusted cab because of all the gauges. So the AI at $230 and the wideband at $180 and have everything all in one gauge I went that rout.

Quick Reply: Will this work? Gauge content