3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

should I be worried

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:18 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let them do the PCM swap.
Give them a chance to solve the problem for you and you may feel you want to keep the truck.
Drive it around for a few thousand miles, then re-assess the situation.
If there are still problems, ditch that sucker before it starts to cost you your $'s.
Al.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:31 AM
LinerJoe
Veteran

Originally Posted by JoeHemi
It's your call though, if you arent happy with the truck, ditch it. Why drive something you don't like or feel will be a burden? Some vehicles are just prone to having problems, no matter what make or model.
I think that's the best advice in the thread, assuming you can do it financially. If it's going to cause you a lot of stress just thinking about the future with the truck, perhaps it should go.

I had an '06 Mustang GT in a similar situation. I bought it new, and I had fueling issues. Ford would not resolve it. I went to different dealers, and then ended up working with "Customer Care". I ended up trading it in (with < 10k miles on it) on our Chrysler T&C mini-van because I couldn't stand the thought of having to deal with it. I really liked that car, and I still miss it to this day. However, I was so mad over the deal that I was stressing badly.

Now I have the Ram. So far, it's been good to me. I am having a hard time staying away from the 2011 Mustang GT, even after my previous experience. Argh.

joe

Old 04-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Ben D.
Champion

haha dude I've been eyeing that new stang up too. That new 5.0 finally takes the mustang back into the true muscle car market. Who knows man. I guess we shall see sucks of it is it looks like it'll be a week or two before the pcm is in anyway.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Ben D.
Champion

sooooo amazing.. Get the truck back pcm is fixed but what do you know interior water leak. Turns out the seal on the back glass has lifted and water poured in from the glass. sprayed it with a hose and it was like the hose was spraying right into the cab..

sorry guys and girls but I've had it this truck is gone. First dodge I ever bought and I hate to say last but gonna take a lot of persuasion to make me invest another 35k or more into a company that **** on me the first go around.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:19 AM
LinerJoe
Veteran

Sorry to hear about the continued issues! It sucks when that happens. Good luck getting it sold and hopefully you're next vehicle is solid and without problems!

joe

Old 05-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Duroc
Professional

Sounds like a really bad dealership man. I might have choked someone after that one.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:58 AM
hoss67
Record Breaker

bought my truck at 42k miles, had to replace all upper and lower ball joints, one strut, and both outer tie rod ends cost me myself around 1000 bucks, and this was about 1 month after i bought the damn thing..... but now everything runs like a dream!!!.... i would ditch it cause of this, fix it, and be done with it. $HIT happens broski, just deal with it......

Quick Reply: should I be worried