3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The White Goat went in for some warranty work

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 10:16 PM
whipkeysd
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The White Goat went in for some warranty work

I noticed some clanking under the front of my truck and found that the nut on the passenger side sway bar link had backed off and the threads were too messed up to tighten the nut back. I figured what the hell I'm still within my 3yr 36,000 mi warranty so why not let someone else have some fun. I also noticed a little fluid on the rack and pinion and mentioned that as well when I dropped my truck off on Wednesday. They finally got to it today and had to order the parts but both sway bar end links and the rack and pinion are being replaced along with a front end alignment. It ought to be good as new when I pick it up on Monday and I can't wait cause I'm tired of driving the wife's Jetta. My Air Lift bags come in on Monday also so after my last final on Wednesday I'll get busy on that.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:22 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Warranty's are a nice thing

Old 05-01-2010, 01:28 AM
whipkeysd
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yah this is only the third time I have ever taken one of my 20 something vehicles I've owned in for someone else to work on. The other two times were on a truck I had an extended warranty plan on for A/C repairs, and the other was for a tranny rebuild. With my lifetime powertrain warranty though I plan on keeping this truck for many years and miles so it will probably be in later down the road.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:07 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Me too. That's the main reason I bought 3 new Dodges in 08. They all have the lifetime powertrain warranty

Quick Reply: The White Goat went in for some warranty work