3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Tires and they aren't cooper ltzs

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 08:23 PM
blackmamba13
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Tires and they aren't cooper ltzs

Got new shoes for my truck today! Decided to go with Nitto nt420s...love the asymmetrical tread pattern. Rides great and grips the corners pretty good too.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:33 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea those are some nice tires. I know some of the srt10 guys like em. Now you need to lower that truck though! lol, truck is coming along nicely. What else you got planned in the near future? I see that sig says "more to come!"

Old 05-01-2010, 08:34 PM
okaymatt
Professional

aw new tires are the best!

Old 05-01-2010, 08:54 PM
blackmamba13
Professional

Originally Posted by JoeHemi
yea those are some nice tires. I know some of the srt10 guys like em. Now you need to lower that truck though! lol, truck is coming along nicely. What else you got planned in the near future? I see that sig says "more to come!"
Lets see...in the "near" future I'm hoping to get that rear end dropped to level, probably should get an anti-sway bar back there while i'm at it, tinted tail lights, painted calipers, hella 500s, fender flares, painted mirrors and door handles, possibly a new head unit. Geez man...I'm trying to get most of this done before I move to tampa in june...we'll see. But first gotta put on new brake pads (hawk lts) on the front...tire guy showed me how worn down mine are...ordering the pads now as we speak.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:03 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

That will be a nice little drive out to tampa (assuming your driving the truck). When I moved from Va to seattle I drove the truck. Was a fun little road trip

Good luck getting all that done in a month. Sounds like you'll be busy

Old 05-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Matt99
Champion

those are the tires I had on my lightning...I really liked them, handle really well in the rain and held up until I sold the truck. As long as you dont squeak them around the corners haha

make sure and get them switched and balanced every 6 mo or so, they will wear funny if you dont

Old 05-01-2010, 09:11 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

damn i want these for my next set...

Old 05-01-2010, 09:18 PM
blackmamba13
Professional

Originally Posted by JoeHemi
That will be a nice little drive out to tampa (assuming your driving the truck). When I moved from Va to seattle I drove the truck. Was a fun little road trip

Good luck getting all that done in a month. Sounds like you'll be busy
Yeah I'll try...I know its a lot but if I can get most of it done I'm happy. Not sure about driving...I would like to but we'll see, I may end up having it transported my wifes been in chicago for this last year so I am trying to coordinate both of us moving to tampa from two separate cities BTW your new sig showing the new speed grill rocks!

Old 05-01-2010, 09:31 PM
blackmamba13
Professional

Originally Posted by Matt99
those are the tires I had on my lightning...I really liked them, handle really well in the rain and held up until I sold the truck. As long as you dont squeak them around the corners haha

make sure and get them switched and balanced every 6 mo or so, they will wear funny if you dont
LOL...can't hit the corners too hard with the rear up there and no anti-sway bar. But hopefully soon. Glad to hear these perform well in the rain, a lot of the info I had been reading seemed to confirm this. Also according to Nitto because of the tread pattern these can be rotated front to back and side to side.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

Those are the treads I been lookin at for when I get new wheels, the price is right and they seem to be really really good tires. Do you drive very aggressive? I'm really really curious as to how these handle on a big ram being driven like ya stole it I do that a lot lol

Quick Reply: New Tires and they aren't cooper ltzs