3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hauling a fifth wheel with a Mega Cab?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Bent
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't seen an air-ride hitch, but there are air ride pin-boxes.
I didn't think they could accommodate for height differences though, merely that they give the trailer an extra smooth ride and dramatically reduce the shuddering that transfers to the tow vehicle when the trailer goes over an expansion joint.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:03 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any truck box less than 8 foot towing a 5th wheal is a nightmare. No matter the hitch.
on the othier hand, 8 foot boxs towing 5th wheels with large bulk heads are also a night mare.

On the othier hand long wheel base trucks increase your turning radius...

For me, a 8 foot box with a fith wheel hitch thats fixed over the rear diff and a fith wheel thats not sporting a huge over hang ( ie king size bed ) and less than 35 feet is all any one needs.

a mega cab for towing has lots a room for the rear passengers, but, I would take less room for the criters in my life crying and asking are we thier yet for a bigger trailer ( yes conterdiction )

Quick Reply: Hauling a fifth wheel with a Mega Cab?