3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Should I buy this 04'? Highway Miles??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and if its a hemi it was floored alot at least thats what i do when ever i get the chance, i;d look at another truck took me almost 2 months to find mine

Old 05-16-2010, 02:41 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Marx
and if its a hemi it was floored alot at least thats what i do when ever i get the chance, i;d look at another truck took me almost 2 months to find mine
That's the silliest thing I've heard all week. Basically your theory is one-sided. If your truck has a Hemi, what makes you think the previous owner didn't stomp the gas frequently?

I myself own a Hemi and the gas pedal has seen the floor only a few times. i don't stomp on the pedal regularly. That has something more to do with Personality and the type of owner driving the vehicle and certainly has nothing to do with the engine type itself. You would have to step on the gas far less to get the power out of a Hemi than compared to a an older 4.7L where you would have to floor the gas because the lack of power.
Your line of thinking tells me where your mentality is at...which is beating up on your truck which not everyone does. I'm not saying that it's not something to look into, but to suspect every Hemi engine fitted truck as being neglected is outrageuos.

rant end...

OP, make sure the DTC codes have not recently been reset because he could be selling the truck due to not being able to get inspected up here.....???.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:49 PM
4matty3
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

price is too high. should be around 11-12k

Old 05-16-2010, 02:53 PM
AWE Daniel
Veteran

I paid 10,500 for my 04 with 81K on it here in Florida, so yeah the price is high. I wouldn't be too scared of the miles. Just make sure to ask if he kept service records so you know he was changing oil regularly. Quickest way to cut the life of a motor short in Florida is waiting way to long to change oil. If the person really was the only owner then thats good. It looks like a good truck, now you just gotta get him to the right price for the mileage.

Last edited by AWE Daniel; 05-16-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Marx
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dirtydog
That's the silliest thing I've heard all week. Basically your theory is one-sided. If your truck has a Hemi, what makes you think the previous owner didn't stomp the gas frequently?

I myself own a Hemi and the gas pedal has seen the floor only a few times. i don't stomp on the pedal regularly. That has something more to do with Personality and the type of owner driving the vehicle and certainly has nothing to do with the engine type itself. You would have to step on the gas far less to get the power out of a Hemi than compared to a an older 4.7L where you would have to floor the gas because the lack of power.
Your line of thinking tells me where your mentality is at...which is beating up on your truck which not everyone does. I'm not saying that it's not something to look into, but to suspect every Hemi engine fitted truck as being neglected is outrageuos.

rant end...

OP, make sure the DTC codes have not recently been reset because he could be selling the truck due to not being able to get inspected up here.....???.
I think you missed my point

Old 05-16-2010, 03:04 PM
AWE Daniel
Veteran

Its a self-control thing, basically.

Old 05-16-2010, 03:24 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

No, I don't think I did. If so, then you weren't clear enough.

Old 05-16-2010, 03:30 PM
stenerson
Veteran

That makes me feel good. I paid 12,800 for my 2004 3 yrs ago with 52K. Mine is a SLT though with a few less goodies on it. There were good deals when gas was over 4 bucks a gallon back then.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:13 PM
rocket23
Champion

Originally Posted by stenerson
That makes me feel good. I paid 12,800 for my 2004 3 yrs ago with 52K. Mine is a SLT though with a few less goodies on it. There were good deals when gas was over 4 bucks a gallon back then.
That was an excellant deal an Ddog makes an excellant point, never judge a book by it's cover or in this case, the goods inside a truck, Although the sub boxes in the rear floor tells of a stoner waiting for a dime bag,( See how easy it is too judge?) .

Old 05-16-2010, 08:28 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CAR FAX is not 100%

I get drunk, roll my truck, fail to report to my insurance company or the cops, I buy a wrecked truck, fix up my old truck, car fax has no history.

A lot of people by pass the sytems in place to protect you, check with your state licensing agancy and run a check on registerd owners.

He who has the money is in charge, not he who wants your money.

Quick Reply: Should I buy this 04'? Highway Miles??