3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Another Exaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 02:34 PM
lawdogdusty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Exaust Question

My question is,, has anyone put glass packs on your Hemi? I have a 05 4x4 Hemi and I wany some better sound from it. Not Loud but a little throaty.. I talked to a local muffler shop today and he said he could run duals with 26" glass pack out the back for 180.00. How would this sound with the Hemi? I want the flow master sound but not as loud, if that makes since..

Old 05-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Avanti
Captain
Default RE: Another Exaust Question

I'm a lifelong fan of glasspacks. I've not run them on the new hemi, but have on 392's and love them. I recommend as long a ones as you can find. If you can manage longer than the 26's you note, I'd recommend it for "mellowness."

As for the sound of them on your truck, it is quite easy for the muffler shop to "slip" them on and fire up the truck and you can listen and decide what you think. The only caveat is that it will be somewhat different (more muted) with tail pipes, but this will give you an idea.

All the best.

Old 05-11-2005, 06:00 PM
lawdogdusty
Default RE: Another Exaust Question

Thanks,, I will have them slip on different types and let me get a better idea,, Thanks for the info..

Quick Reply: Another Exaust Question