3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Charcoal filter

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Nekko
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charcoal filter

My gas cap light stays on steady now. I crawled up underneath to take a look and have a line that is hanging by the gas can. It runs to the back of the truck and is capped off at the end by the rear shock mount. It appears to have been connected to something I could see where it was clamped more than likely at one time but not anything that it plugs into or other hanging line. Im starting to feel this might be the issue

I remember seeing someone post pictures of the charcoal filter and line but am unable to find them after allot of different searches the closes it I found was in this thread

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...-of-codes.html

From hammer but the pics aren't there anymore any help would be greatly appreciated before I go spend a wad on the steallership.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Big_Wheel
Veteran

when you fill up at the pumps, does the pump automatically shut off when your full?
or do you find it takes a long time or its hard to fill up?

also..have you changed your gas cap?

Last edited by Big_Wheel; 06-22-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Nekko

Well I crawled under my buddies truck. It connected to the top of the axel into the brake line...

The gas automatically shuts off when I fill up. Guess its back to playing with the gas cap. Thanks for the reply

Old 06-22-2010, 06:51 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With rare exception, gas pumps shut off when the tank is approximately full. The truck has no bearing on how the pump behaves. Sounds like this hose is part of the vacuum assist system, but I have no idea why one goes to the rear axle. Maybe it's part of the evaporative emissions system. The charcoal canister certainly is.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:20 PM
HemiRam1566
Veteran

had my gas cap light on.. leak detection pump was f****d

Old 06-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Big_Wheel
Veteran

Originally Posted by MikeHTally
With rare exception, gas pumps shut off when the tank is approximately full. The truck has no bearing on how the pump behaves. Sounds like this hose is part of the vacuum assist system, but I have no idea why one goes to the rear axle. Maybe it's part of the evaporative emissions system. The charcoal canister certainly is.
actually it does i believe.. i'll look at work tomorrow for a description and how it works and post it up lol.. its pretty simple i just want to make sure i explain it right

Quick Reply: Charcoal filter