3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How about cutting the mods some slack?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 09:45 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dang guess I missed something!

Old 06-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SMKNRAM
dang guess I missed something!
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/off-top...olen-2day.html

Old 06-28-2010, 10:23 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ericemery
There have been multiple threads where I have read grumbling. I have also been getting updates from section mods...

We dont expect you guys to not have fun, but when we have to clean up, we shouldnt catch crap for it. We allow a lot of stuff to slide.
In my opinion, it should either be all or none. Either move everything, or dont move anything. Allowing some stuff to slide and other stuff not to shows favoritism whether the mods think so or not.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:25 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Whew... For a minute I thought this was because me and my brother Dogg disagreed over additives...

Old 06-28-2010, 10:37 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is always you froggy you trouble maker!! lol

Old 06-28-2010, 10:52 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
In my opinion, it should either be all or none. Either move everything, or dont move anything. Allowing some stuff to slide and other stuff not to shows favoritism whether the mods think so or not.
agreed.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Beastro
Veteran

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
I'm not on here much, but when I am I go at least 4 pages back to see what I have missed and you do see a good hand full of threads that are way off topic. I'd have to say I'm with AF on this move them all or non at all. Yes it is hard to catch all of them all, just go 2 pages back the first page isn't the only page.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:09 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by Beastro
I'm not on here much, but when I am I go at least 4 pages back to see what I have missed and you do see a good hand full of threads that are way off topic. I'd have to say I'm with AF on this move them all or non at all. Yes it is hard to catch all of them all, just go 2 pages back the first page isn't the only page.
agreed, but speaking from experience, it ain't easy. mods can't be expected to dedicate the time necessary to go through every thread over the last 4 pages multiple times a day. some times threads with technical titles are full of non technical stuff, and vice versa.

I'm not sure exactly what's going on in this case, but when I was watching over the section I certainly missed threads. I would sometimes get PMs from people saying 'you didn't delete/move/block this other thread'...and then I would move it. the only thing the whining accomplished was getting another 'fun' thread locked. I was surprised how much whining there is in a forum filled with tough guy truck owners

Quick Reply: How about cutting the mods some slack?