3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My Cold air intake ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTXRam

I just did mine too recently. For some reason everytime I start the truck it dings and tells me to change the oil. The oil is full synthetic and only has 2k miles on it. Plus when I pull the stick it looks good and is topped of. Any ideas? Maybe I just need to reset it?
Are you still using palladium cores?

If so, you're probably getting too high of a plutonium level in your flux capacitor and need to switch to irridium.

I've heard this guy in a mansion with some cool iron suits has a new element, too that is supposed to reduce the uranium toxicity levels. If I had to guess, that's what it would be -- if nothing else just make sure rayon field sensor is still working -- sometimes that throws an error code for me.

If all else fails -- just reset the oil change light. It's a long shot, but that might be what is causing all our problems.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:50 PM
rideon20z
Veteran

they all look good and thanks for all the replies ! the only thing i dont know about is the air flow sensor , what size hole to drill and how to screw it in to stay ? thats y i left the hat on for my first moc up . any input on that air flow sensor hole ???

Old 07-03-2010, 02:40 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

I used a PCV grommet for a Toyota....AutoZone....$3.

I drilled a hole for the grommet to pop into and stuck the IAT in there kind of screwing it in a little. It ain't going anywhere! Look at my pic....

Old 07-03-2010, 03:07 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what the hell was that guy talkin about plutonium and stuff....odd....yeah drop the hemi hat for sure and the mit tube imo is a waste make ur own for a fraction of the price if your going that route....

Old 07-03-2010, 03:40 PM
03MopaRamman
Captain

Depleted Uranium Poisoning will do weird things to you.
Hey OP, may as well do the Power Wire Mod at the same time.
Jay hear ya on the MIT, but it's findin the time away from chores to do this stuff!

Old 07-03-2010, 04:08 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

alot of times time is money so i mean if its easier for you and you dont mind spending the cash then by all means ...i just find time and save money for better mods...i bought a cai but its a mopar knock off and it was under 70 bucks at the time i had the money and no time...now if i needed to i would pvc it....but i already went there....

Old 07-03-2010, 07:44 PM
BigTXRam
Professional

Originally Posted by 08RamMan
BigTxRam....just reset the light...........you probably didnt do it when you changed it last time.....I believe it goes off based on mileage.

I had that CAI stuff, but then went back to the stock airbox, but still bypassed the hat....
No I didn't reset it, I wasn't even aware that I had to reset it. How do I do it, same as getting codes? Just turning the key on and off a few times? Thanks for the heads up!

Old 07-03-2010, 07:48 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

diconnect battery for a few minutes like 10...theres a fuse you can pull too if i remember right....

Old 07-03-2010, 07:50 PM
BigTXRam
Professional
Talking

Originally Posted by 9511234
Are you still using palladium cores?

If so, you're probably getting too high of a plutonium level in your flux capacitor and need to switch to irridium.

I've heard this guy in a mansion with some cool iron suits has a new element, too that is supposed to reduce the uranium toxicity levels. If I had to guess, that's what it would be -- if nothing else just make sure rayon field sensor is still working -- sometimes that throws an error code for me.

If all else fails -- just reset the oil change light. It's a long shot, but that might be what is causing all our problems.
Too high of plutonium levels in my flux capacitor huh, I'll have to make sure to give ole Doc a call and see if he's not too busy working on the time machine if he can take a look for me

Old 07-03-2010, 08:09 PM
BigTXRam
Professional

Thanks Jay, just seems like they would have thought of a more convienient way to reset it then having to take the battery off or pulling a fuse everytime it tells you to change the oil. But I guess if thats what I have to do then so be it.

Quick Reply: My Cold air intake ???