3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Magnaflow Exhaust Question???

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 11:15 AM
2006RAMHEMI1979
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Totti
I have exactly the same problems with the f***** MDS guys, i even removed the exhaust system and put the stock exhaust back under my 07 ram. Yesterday my new DSP arrived from U.S.A. and on friday i´ve had a day off from work, so i will put the exhaust back under my truck and try some tunes and shut that damn MDS off!!Hope it does work!!!
Do you have the same problems that, if you´re MDS is on, it´s really frustrating because the ram only shifts in higher gears if you push the throttle really hard???
I really hope that the DSP will fix my problem!!!!!
You will not even believe the difference it will make. I have a Magnaflow cat-back with dual rear exit and it sounded like crap with the MDS. If I didnt have a tuner to shut it off, I would have to remove it and go back to stock. I get no drone whatsoever.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:10 PM
evomega08
Veteran

I have magnaflow SI/DO and I like the sound, but I dont have MDS.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Hammer26

Mds? Is that multi displacement....... Where the truck turns cyclinders off at speed on the freeway?

Old 07-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a magnaflow under my truck now after several fm's and it is a very good muffler.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:16 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer26
Mds? Is that multi displacement....... Where the truck turns cyclinders off at speed on the freeway?
Yes. If your just swapping out mufflers abd you leave your resonators on, you won't have as much annoyance with the mds activation, but you'll still feel and hear it.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:03 AM
Totti
Amateur

Originally Posted by 2006RAMHEMI1979
You will not even believe the difference it will make. I have a Magnaflow cat-back with dual rear exit and it sounded like crap with the MDS. If I didnt have a tuner to shut it off, I would have to remove it and go back to stock. I get no drone whatsoever.
It is not much that crappy sound it will make, it´s the fact that on higher gears it will stay with 4 cylinders even if you drive uphill, you have to put the pedal to the metal to wake up the tranny and the other 4 cylinders, it´s a total loss of power in my opinion i think i have to do a lot of testing tomorrow

Old 07-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Hammer26

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Yes. If your just swapping out mufflers abd you leave your resonators on, you won't have as much annoyance with the mds activation, but you'll still feel and hear it.
Thank you for all the input everyone. DirtyDog- Do you happen to have a pic of the resonators?

Old 07-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Thatonekidw/theHEMI
Veteran

Magnaflows are the best built and designed system out there.
Minimal drone. Great tone. I disabled my MDS though.
There was a bit of drone with that on.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Hammer26
Default Update

I ended up going with the magnaflow cat back exhaust. Wow what a difference it makes. I love the tone and with the included pipe I ended up taking all the resonators off. I do get a droning when mds kicks in. But it's not the end of the world. Although I was curious what programmers you guys are using to turn off the mds?

Thanks for all the info everyone. It got me off the fence.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Exhaust Question???