3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

i'm about to hit 90,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 12:57 PM
dave-o
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the help. some places wanted $300 for plugs and a tb clean, they said it would take 2-3 hours so i dont think its a bad deal, no hemi here, just the 5.9 fuel efficient engine lol

Old 07-07-2010, 12:57 PM
dave-o
Veteran

Originally Posted by MikeHTally
Eight plugs shouldn't be more than $16. I don't know how accessible those are. Might not take more than an hour. Is the TB cleanable like that on the Hemi?
each plug was $1.69 i think plus tax

Old 07-07-2010, 01:21 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's about right for the plugs. I was just reading another thread. There was a picture of a 5.9 being pulled. The TB looks like the older ones (sits on top of the manifold like a carb). Cleaning might be more involved than the one for the Hemi.

The Hemi TB comes off in only a few minutes and goes back on just as quick. The only connection is the electric one for the butterfly valve.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:23 PM
dave-o
Veteran

Originally Posted by MikeHTally
That's about right for the plugs. I was just reading another thread. There was a picture of a 5.9 being pulled. The TB looks like the older ones (sits on top of the manifold like a carb). Cleaning might be more involved than the one for the Hemi.

The Hemi TB comes off in only a few minutes and goes back on just as quick. The only connection is the electric one for the butterfly valve.
i hear its a pain in the ****, so i'm not even going to mess with it

Quick Reply: i'm about to hit 90,000 miles