3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

takin off the powerwire lol

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010 | 07:28 PM
Michael0077
|
Veteran
Default takin off the powerwire lol

alright well, this powerwire thing is really startin to annoy me.
i'd be fine with it if my check engine light wasn't always on, but i'm afraid one day somethings gonna happen and i'm not gonna know about it because the light is always on for the dumb wire.
if i got another wire rigged with the right guage and put it inplace of the duby powerwire would it go back to normal?

also, what is the normal guage wire?
and, if anyone would be willin to make the wire for me i'd gladly pay for the help.

Old 07-09-2010 | 07:39 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Power wires are usually home made so each are different. Just remove it and reconnect the wires. Reboot the PCM. That will put you back to the original cinfiguration.

Old 07-09-2010 | 07:43 PM
Michael0077
|
Veteran

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Power wires are usually home made so each are different. Just remove it and reconnect the wires. Reboot the PCM. That will put you back to the original cinfiguration.
well, the wire i got was custom made, so i had to cut the origional wire. the originals are not long enough now to meet up, so i need another wire of the same guage so it stops throwin me codes.

if that doesn't work my sensor is probably busted right?

Old 07-09-2010 | 08:05 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

I have never heard of the sensor going bad, but I suppose it is possible. Measure the resistance. I don't remember what it was either 2.2k or 4.4k. I think it was 4.4k. Just splice a piece of wire of the same gauge to make the repair.

Old 07-09-2010 | 10:34 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

When I made a few for some guys they were made with insulated spade connectors. I also included a spare plain wire with connectors on it also so you could unplug the home made PW and plug the plain wire in its place essentially taking out the PW completely

Old 07-09-2010 | 11:36 PM
crazyandy202
Professional

I have a few questions about this. How well does this power wire work? Does it work good for 06's? And where does it go?

Old 07-10-2010 | 12:15 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

Originally Posted by weedahoe
When I made a few for some guys they were made with insulated spade connectors. I also included a spare plain wire with connectors on it also so you could unplug the home made PW and plug the plain wire in its place essentially taking out the PW completely

i have a spare as well. i made my own in about 5 minutes and a lot of that was getting stuff ready and waiting on the soldering gun.

im sure the pw or equivilant will work on 06+. it attaches to you IAT(internal air temperature) sensor, it is the one located on your air intake--two wires. i did a write up somewhere before

Old 07-10-2010 | 03:46 AM
Michael0077
|
Veteran

Originally Posted by weedahoe
got any more layin around ya'd like to part with?

Old 07-10-2010 | 09:00 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Ive actually got one made as well as a trans mod (similiar to the sonnax line booster) if you are interested. They bare sitting in my toolbox.

Old 07-10-2010 | 09:46 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

mike didn't i make yours i have the same exact one if so...i have no check engine light and ive been running it for over a yr, along with it i run my s/c programmer.....weed this was made with insulated spades and sent with insulated spades for his truck....im curious to know why also....

Quick Reply: takin off the powerwire lol