3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Plastic satellite antenna is a bit lose on the roof? Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Mystro
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Plastic satellite antenna is a bit lose on the roof. Not good check yours! The fix is

I noticed washing my truck that my satellite antenna was a bit loose on the top of my truck. The plastic piece seems to move back and forth. How would I tighten it or is the plastic square piece suppose to be loose?

Last edited by Mystro; 07-17-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:26 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i'm not mistaken, there is a bolt w/ a nut holding it in place. you have to take down the headliner to get to it.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:59 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I was goign to say to run a small and neat bead of silicon around it. But being I dont have one IDK if it can be tightened from the bottom side, sounds likely though.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Mystro
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up The fix

To answerer my own question...Yes there is a big problem if your plastic satellite antenna on your roof is loose. It will alow water to flow freely down the antenna hole into your truck.

The fix: You must tear down the back half of your head liner and tighten the bolt pulling the antenna/rubber seal tighter to your roof. While you are there you might as well loosen the bolt so you can pull the plastic shell /rubber seal up so you can clean the surface and put some silicon grease on the rubber seal so it will stay in good shape for years.

My antenna loosened up over the last few years. It would be a good idea to check yours and make sure it is tight against the roof of your truck.

Quick Reply: Plastic satellite antenna is a bit lose on the roof? Issue?